My "item"?????!!!!!!!

Reashi

Visit site
Reashi is advertised on a few websites and I just got this email:

Hello Seller, I am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,my client who has really shown interest in it and would really want to issue the payment in form of cheque/ Money order.Will you be accepting a cheque/ Money order? The payment that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and my commission would be included on the same payment .We shall solely be responsible for the shippment of the item. Provide your CONTACT NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER if you are interested in selling so that I can have it forwarded to my client for immediate payment issuance. Please contact me asap via email for futher questions as regards this transaction.If you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap. BEST REGARDS.

My horse is not an item for immediate purchase! God I hate these scams. Multiple spelling and grammar issues...do they really think people are that stupid?

brightmount

Visit site
I got a similar offer when I was selling an oboe once. I said no, but they sent the cheque anyway, which was for an amount ridiculously over its value - intended to appeal to the greed factor. The cheque appeared to be a genuine building society cheque drawn on the Britannia building society. It could easily have taken people in. But I phoned the Britannia, and they looked up the account number which did not correspond with the drawer. In addition the cheque's design was out of date. The intention was that I would pay in the cheque. The bank would accept it as genuine, since it looked it, and it would be weeks before it was returned, by which time I would have sent the item (sometimes they also ask for a cash rebate for the excess on the cheque).

I'm sure most people would smell a rat in these situations but I just wanted to stress that if a cheque ends up on your doormat, however genuine it looks, don't be taken in.

Peanot

Visit site
That is the only thing with internet as there are pros and cons with everything. People have to be made aware of these scams because people have been taken for a ride with them. For people like you and me, it is obvious, but to some people with no knowledge of these scams, they could easily be fooled. I had one when selling my lorry, I just deleted it. Best to just ignore it.

CastleMouse

Visit site
What a complete and utter scam
mad.gif
Must be annoying to always be getting them
mad.gif

mandy4727

Visit site
Totally ignore it. A scam. They send these type of emails for all sorts of stuff, horses, cars, lorries, etc etc. That is why the just the "item" in rather specify what you are selling. They try to send a cheque for more than the value and ask you to send them "change" for the value of the cheque and then they have your money. I once replied back saying yes you can come and have a look at my horse. I forgot to mention it only has 2 legs, you can only ride it if you can catch it, no tack, won't box, be shod, clipped. Bites, kicks and rears. Let me know when you would like to come and see it. Never heard from them again!!!!!