My kids seem to have acquired a pony for Christmas....

minesadouble

Visit site
Despite already having one each and me certainly not being on the lookout for another!

In a definite case of heart ruling head we have today ended up with a 22 year old 13 hands'ish local pony whom I've known for a few years. Pony is beautifully bred and I've always admired him and when I heard yesterday that he was off to the kennels on Tuesday (through circumstances which were no fault of his own) I felt I had to step in to secure his future.

He's too big, too old and I need another pony like I need a hole in the head but my two youngest girls are over the moon with him, he's all they've talked about all day and maintain that he has made it 'the best Christmas ever'. hopefully he will give them a good few years of pleasure. I really hope my Christmas good deed pays off - it still hasn't quite sunk in that I've acquired another one when I am on a mission to cut down!

Last edited:

minesadouble

Visit site
Aww poor chap. How come he ended up in that situation?

I hope he repays your faith in him :)

Fiona

Cutting a very long story short financial circumstances unfortunately. He's in lovely condition and hasn't been neglected but simply his owner could not afford another month of livery for him. Really sad as he has been a much loved pony and will hopefully give a couple more children a lot of pleasure before his number is up.

Archangel

Visit site
I agree with your kids - best Christmas ever!

P.S. I am available for adoption (no questions asked but I will need a pony).