My last ride with Ash?

Ash the arab

Visit site
I haven't posted on here for a while as having a bit of a bad time with Ash, but after reading some of the other posts it has been put into prospective and i realise things aren't so bad.
Ash came in a lame 2 weeks ago, he has damaged his nh annular ligament - again. Initially the vet was quite hopefull that he would return to work quite quickly after having the tendon sheath medicated - that was untilhe scanned the area.
He found lesions on his superficial tendon that have obviously been forming for a while. He said most horses would have been lame a while ago.
If they were any worse or a different horse the vet would advise retirement immediately
frown.gif

But Ash, being the tough old boy that he is, is having the winter off and a review in the spring. if we can hack out a few times a week i will settle for that, but it is soo hard to look at him and know he woun't be out showing off anymore
frown.gif

Trailblazersdressage3th4thAugust-1.jpg

Ash the arab

Visit site
Thank you - the pic was at trailblazer finals this year.
The last comp we did was 5 days before he went lame and we won the prelim and were 2nd in the novice - so at least we will be going out on top!
The night before he was lame we had a lovely hack out with my best friend and her horse J who is Ash's best mate! At least it wasn't a bad schooling session!

Weezy

Visit site
Oh fcuking hell I cant believe this - I am sat here with a total glum face on, I just dont know what to say darling
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Big hug from me to you and the darling Ash xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Weezy

Visit site
Have you still got Maati to ride in the meantime??

I am so lost for words, I just always thought Ash would be one that would go on and on, turn to endurance at 24, keep going etc
frown.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
We sold Maati last week!
Gone to a lovely family in Oxford!
So now have another of Charlies horses to play with! He has had a year off, so will be starting the walk work when i get back from hols - am off to Rhodes for a week tomorrow!

Ash the arab

Visit site
He is back at the yard after having the summer out in a huge field with his mates!
Bought him in, tied him up outside, walked straight in the trailer (having a practice session), all this after 3 months of not even having a headcollar on!

Maati went to a yard near Ashbury.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Having seen the improvement in every one of the tendon injuries the retired horses arrived here with, I would say yes, turn him away if possible and see what time can do. The arab here arrived as an insurance write off with two fo the biggest tendon injuries I have ever seen. Absolutely massive swellings and a sheaf of vet. notes accompanying him. Within a year there was a big improvement, after longer they continued to reduce in size and now he is sound and they look almost like windgalls!
Our ground is undulating and he certainly wouldn't have been resting the injuries a lot but there is no doubt he is now sound again.
I am not sure but I think the fact the ground is as uneven as it is has helped the injuries, it certainly helps arthritic joints as they are unable to walk round without using those parts that flex, and that I think keeps the arthritis from sort of setting in fixed positions.
best of luck, see what time can do, honestly, it's surprising how it can help matters.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
There is hope... H had terrible annular ligaments problems - she ended up having an operation to cut the A/L to relieve pressure on the tendons - Adhesions built up after this and we had to put her onto bute and really work her hard to tear and break down the adhesions - Just over a year after it all started (and a lot of hard work, sweat and tears from all involved) H has become sound enough to compete again - Has your vet mentioned an operation?
Kate x

Peanot

Visit site
Oh no. How terrible for you. He looks a picture of health in that gorgeous photo too.
As HH has said though, there has been good recoveries from these injuries. Time is a good healer. Don`t give up yet, wait til the spring and see what it brings. Good Luck.

niashadow

Visit site
He looks gorgeous in the pic. Very sad situation, as Arabs go (take it he's an Arab too pretty to be anything else
tongue.gif
) they are tuff little critters and by next spring he will probably amaze you all with a good recovery. (fingers crossed for you both).
smile.gif