My Little Cigar, from birth to jumping- LONG!!!

Nicnac

Visit site
What a lovely boy. Does he still have his <ahem :eek:> bits?

Serious pop on him in the jumping lane vid! Very pleased with himself isn't he.

Must be so satisfying to go from an idea to a real live horse to the point where you are now riding him! I've done 6 months onwards but not bred.

Is it time to put PF in foal again or are you also riding her?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
What a lovely boy. Does he still have his <ahem :eek:> bits?

Serious pop on him in the jumping lane vid! Very pleased with himself isn't he.

Must be so satisfying to go from an idea to a real live horse to the point where you are now riding him! I've done 6 months onwards but not bred.

Is it time to put PF in foal again or are you also riding her?

Sadly no, his bits came off when he was 2. I have photos ;)
He has a very high opinion of himself, but then, PF never really disciplined him, and I've taken it easy so he's never had a nasty experience.
I've LOVED starting him from scratch and it's taught me SO much. There are no question marks, for a start; I know his entire life, so there is no wondering WHY he's such and such a way..
I would LOVE to put PF in foal again should I spot the right stallion. BUT I'm also trying to be very sensible and making sure I can afford to keep a 3rd as I'm not very good at selling them on :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Yes, he's very much as I hoped he would be, although I wouldn't mind him being a couple of inches taller :) He's a fraction under 15.2 at the moment, I think

You rarely get what you want
I sent my mare of a lifetime to Mayhill she was 15.3 on tiptoes in new shoes.she was sixteen when she went to stud and I remember people telling me she was too old and hard worked competition mares had small weedy foals and thinking as long as the foal is big enough to make a PC eventer and I can find a good home that will be fine.
The foal grew too 17.3 and was huge and was bright orange ( two bay parents ) .
He's really lovely homebreds have this sense of entitlement that Is much more amusing in horses than children .

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
You rarely get what you want
I sent my mare of a lifetime to Mayhill she was 15.3 on tiptoes in new shoes.she was sixteen when she went to stud and I remember people telling me she was too old and hard worked competition mares had small weedy foals and thinking as long as the foal is big enough to make a PC eventer and I can find a good home that will be fine.
The foal grew too 17.3 and was huge and was bright orange ( two bay parents ) .
He's really lovely homebreds have this sense of entitlement that Is much more amusing in horses than children .

Well, I wasn't expecting him to be huge as dad is only 16.1hh, but had faint hopes he might be a bit taller. I'm not all that fussed; PF has a HUGE stride and rides like a much bigger horse. LC will need more training to get that length of stride, but his dad was SO classy over a fence :)
You're quite right; homebreds are special :) :)

Bright_Spark

Visit site
I remember waiting for PF to pop, has it really been so long?

He is looking fantastic, what a smart little horse (little ones are the best anyway - I have 2 15.2s).

Looking forward to more updates on LC and PF :)

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I remember waiting for PF to pop, has it really been so long?

He is looking fantastic, what a smart little horse (little ones are the best anyway - I have 2 15.2s).

Looking forward to more updates on LC and PF :)

Time has flown, hasn't it?
I agree with you, little horses are great; so agile and clever :) :)
Hope to be out competing (LC will only be doing tiny classes) this month. VERY excited and a bit nervous :)