My little Jess.. May you rest in peace

barkinghorse

Visit site
Jess,

You were the "one" and there will never be another like you.
We have been through so so much together, You gave me confidence when all looked glum,
You could give the most advanced rider the ride of their life,
and yet you were the one who would potter about the paddock with a nervous child on your back when they had been thrown from their pony.
You were the one who would go out on a hack sideways across fields and turn into a donkey as soon as we hit the roads.
You were the one that made me feel safe in any situation, and if you felt me come unseated you would slow up and make sure i was ok.
You were the one we would use as a nurse maid for new and young horses.
You were never a spot of trouble and everyone who knew you is as heartbroken as i am that you have gone.
I'm sorry it came to this, you deserved better, i wanted you to pass away in your sleep peacefully and not feel pain and suffering.
When i saw you this morning, you looked at me in a way that told me you had had enough. You nuzzled me and rested your head on my shoulder and i understood what you were saying.
Now you are at peace and soon you will be back in the top field that you loved so much with your friends.
Thankyou for the honor of owning you for the last 7 years, they have been the most fulfilling years of my life and the hole you have left can never be filled, and when i am riding out on William i know you will be along side keeping him in check.
I love you and miss you, may you rest in peace.
Jo xx

Tia

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this. Always keep those beautiful memories close to your heart.

Goodnight Jess, sleep well.

Tia x

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
brought a tear to my eye. she will be happier where she is now, in comfort, than where she was, in pain. you did the right thing. big hugs to you x

teapot

Visit site
~wibble~
frown.gif
but a heart warming post, thoughts for you

juliehannah58

Visit site
I'm so sorry
frown.gif
Know exactly how you feel as I lost my old girl 4 weeks ago yesterday
frown.gif

I could weep for you, as I know exactly how heart breaking it is. If you ever want to chat, I'm here....

R.I.P Jess

xxx

Safina

Visit site
Beautiful tribute to a much loved horse. May your happy memories support you in your time of grief and the knowledge that you made the ultimate sacrifice to stop her pain help you through this sad time.

Bess

Visit site
So sorry to read this, what a heartwarming tribute to a very special sort of horse, RIP Jess xxxx

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Im so sorry to hear of your dreadful news, im sure your whole world will be falling apart at the moment ( mine did when i lost my chap suddenly last year), thinking of you at this sad time.

RIP Jess.

tinker512

Visit site
Reading that made me cry.If there were more owners out there like you, horses quality of life would be so much better.

RIP Jess and Hugs to you BH....

xx

barkinghorse

Visit site
Thankyou so much for all your lovely words.
I have truely found comfort in reading them as only horsey folk really understand the pain and dispair that comes with losing something so faithful as a horse.
You put you trust and even your life in their hands everytime you get on, and they rarely let you down.
I can understand people who lose their nerve after losing a horse, trust is so important.
But i must carry on and do right by Will, although at this moment in time i can't even contemplate it.
Thanks again for your messages and support.
Jo xx