My Man Needs a mummy for a few weeks?! -Livery how much u pay?-

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
O.K so coming to terms that i'm going to be out of action for a little while-Broke my anckle- so started looking at part/full livery the local one charges about £450!!! for a month for part (inc sandschool,straw, muckout, turn out and bringing in) Me thinks this is a crazy price, But How much do you pay for livery?

I either need to move him for a month or so on full/part or if close enough just turn him out (he'd be only to happy!!) and i then could cope with the poo picking (friends and family) but may need a little help with rugs and feeding when i cant get help of friends and family. Or some freelance help.

He would be shared or loaned but he's only a baby and just backed. I'm guessing there wont be many game... Am i right?

JACQSZOO

Visit site
That does seem very expensive. Full livery at our yard is £380 that includes feed, bedding, turn out and bringing in.
We are lucky that we can have assisted as well ad hoc. Good luck with your search

Frazer

Visit site
That does seem to be on the expensive side, but that could just be in your area! I pay £80 a week, £320 a month for part livery! Includes excellent facilites, and very good yard!

teapot

Visit site
West Sussex area; have you tried:

Arundel riding stables, they used to do livery, and think they do still now

Oldwick
Boxgrove
LHS doesn't do full livery anymore and even if they did you'd be looking at about £200 a week
There's a livery yard in level mare lane I think - might be worth a call

alexfaulkner92

www.sparkling-showjumper.pizco.com
[ QUOTE ]
West Sussex area; have you tried:

Arundel riding stables, they used to do livery, and think they do still now

Oldwick
Boxgrove
LHS doesn't do full livery anymore and even if they did you'd be looking at about £200 a week
There's a livery yard in level mare lane I think - might be worth a call

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe--Im in chichester! x

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Yerh think i will try arundel, i tried the livery in blakehurst which quited £450 which im still in shock about! Cake'm is getting back to me and carol is asking a few people she knows.

GTs

Visit site
How did you hurt your ankle? What stage is your horse at? Has he done a lot, done well and could benefit from just being turned out?

I worry about young horse, if I was in this situation there are only a couple of people I would be happy taking over where I left off, and for me to pick it back up. Pablo is definitely one, Tim is the other - about that I would worry.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
If you are just turning away completely for 4 weeks, you shouldn't be paying any more than £20-40 per week to have him checked a couple of times a day for you. You don't need full livery unless you are planning on him being stabled and worked.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I think the time of the year is meaning most YO wont have horses out 24/7 on their grazing.
frown.gif

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
There are quite a few places that do winter turn out. We send several of ours away over winter for 6-8 weeks to chill out. Costs around £25 per horse per week. THat is why I suggest asking the livery yards as although they are unlikely to do it themselves, they are more likely to know somewhere that will do it.

sevenoceans

Visit site
Where abouts in west sussex? my horse is kept at yard in Heyshott which does 24/7 turn out and have stable included if u need it for 20 quid per week (hay £3/straw 80p on site), Yard owner's son does the mucking out as u need to (perfect for bad weather if he's out 24/7) Good grazing. He'll make sure he's fed, watered and have enough hay also warm enough.
It's very laid back yard all you have to is ask! (apart from a lady who is know it all!!!) Not top yard but nice yard with good sized stables and sensible horses (mid aged ladies' horses But there's me and Another young one!) on site.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Ask at the local tack shop if anyone does mobile livery? Thats what I am doing when I go away for 3 weeks over Christmas. She charges £7.50 per hour, comes to my yard and will do whatever you want. As mine are out for the winter an hour a day will be enough to change rugs in the morning, give brekkie, poo pick, check feet, make up dinners & haynets and then in the evening just check them again. My cousin will come down at weekends, give them a good check over and a groom. It might be worth an ask.

When I dislocated my shoulder last year I was lucky enough the my DH did the horses for me. He was grand at mucking out and his banks were fantastic!!!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Why dont you give him a holiday in a nice green field with yummy grass he says, good excuse for a break mum PLEEEASSEEE let me go and play in a rug in a field PLEAASSSSEE! He said it would be much cheaper than livery and you could get your fitness back together (Also very good fun)

If not I know 2 very good schooling livery yards, depends wha you do...

Kezza

Visit site
Can you get someone to do all the chores for you and leave him where he is? It's uaully about £5 or £6 per day that way on top of what you usually pay for livery.