My mare isn't lame but did some really lame steps...

_jetset_

Visit site
I went to get Hannah in from the field tonight and she walked over fine, had her feet picked out and then when I asked her to walk on to go through the gate she did two or three really lame steps.

I trotted her up and there was nothing
confused.gif

There has been a new mare turned out this morning but Hannah was not interested in it at all. I am just wondering whether she could have pulled something if she has been running around with the others and slipped because the ground is quite wet.

What do you think? Would this make her lame for a few steps but not lame when trotted up?

Thanks,

Rebecca

_jetset_

Visit site
That's what I thought at first but when I washed her feet outside her stable and then asked her to walk into the stable she did it again?? Could she just be feeling the bruise from standing on a stone? I can't cope with her being lame again... she's not a lame sort of horse but seems to have had so many problems in the past few months. I think it could be because since becoming pregnant she is not interested in being the head mare anymore... I think that is why she has been coming in with a few kicks which she never usually does. It's usually her doing the kicking, LOL!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks Selina25... I am going to trot her up again in the morning to see what she is like after being in over night.

Just not like her to be lame, although she was lame for a few weeks a couple of months ago. First time she's ever been lame... it was very strange!

_jetset_

Visit site
Absolutely fine this morning the little bugger... I am sure I am starting to become paranoid! Either that or she is just testing my nerves...

Thanks for asking P_G... How is Bloss after her busy week?