My mares progress

Nayumi1

Visit site
So it’s been 6 months since I bought my first mare. It’s been a lot of hard work with farrier, saddle fitter, vet and physio but it’s been so worth it. I have been riding 2 years and there was some concerns of being a novice with a thoroughbred. However I made sure I had plenty of support around me. The biggest thing working against me was my own mindset thinking I was letting her down with my lack of experience (I still struggle with this).

This is when I first got her:

Lunar 4.jpg

She had an issue with asking to canter which led to the physio, saddle fitter etc. I actually stayed on when she did this:

Lunar 3.jpg

After some time off I brought her back into work following the guidance of my physio. The change in her has been amazing, she is coming along so well. There is still a long way to go but I am loving every minute of it!

Lunar 2.jpg

Yes I am still working on my riding constantly!

Lunar 1.jpg

I am forever thankful to everything this mare is teaching me! I just wanted to share my 6 months progress :)

Nayumi1

Visit site
Yeah a combination of the saddle she came with not fitting and also being extremely weak. The physio said there was a lot of deep pain in her back - I felt so bad I had even ridden her with back pain!

SpringArising

Visit site
Lovely post! But PLEASE ride in proper riding boots all the time - I shudder when I see people riding in yard boots, especially with fixed stirrups - look how far jammed in your foot is in the bucking photo.

CavaloBranco

Visit site
A lovely post! Well done for listening to your mare and taking good advice from some experts. Keep us posted with your progress 🙂