My new Andalusian horse!!! <<pics>>

Vickijay

Visit site
Hello!

I used to be a fairly regular poster here, but recently I’ve been a bit slack, but in an effort to be more active I thought I would tell you about my new horse!

Last winter I bought my first ever Andalusian horse from Spain. He has been absolutely perfect since stepping off the lorry. He is just perfect and I have backed him and taught him about being a ridden horse. He is such a kind and generous young horse, who is so eager to please and he is massively trainable and just a sweetheart around the yard. There is just no way that you would ever realise he was a young stallion.

Here is a before and after picture of him. The first was my first ever trot off the lunge which was in December and the second was about a month ago.

He is so wonderful that I decided to buy another baby horse from Spain. The black stallion I chose was the type I prefer, modern and not too spanish!!! He was very skinny as he had only been fed on watermelons!!! Because of that I decided to call him Walter Melon!!!

He was rather unsettled about the journey as had not long been halter broken and travelling with 11 other horses all the way back from Spain worried him. This was when he first arrived

And a couple of days in, looking incredibly skinny. It’ll be a good before picture though!

He did not get the memo about only absolutely perfect ponies getting to keep their nuts and although he was very good, especially considering the journey, he was very loud and was definitely a real man. I thought I would have my other boy castrated fairly early on, but he has a perfect life, he goes out in the field every day, he knocks about with other horses in the yard and unless you looked up his knickers you would never know he was entire. Walter would not have had the same, so he got the snip! A few people were very surprised about my choice, especially as he is nicely bred and a beautiful looking horse, but quality of life and having a happy and relaxed horse is the most important thing to me.

Snip snip

As he has been recouperating we have learnt about saddles.

And lunging like a grown up

And I even had a little sit a few days ago and he couldn’t have been more relaxed about it.

But mostly he has been eating!! 4 big feeds of copra, grass nuts, linseed a day, plus all the hay he can eat, means he is slowly starting to fill out. I hope his weight gain will improve more now that I’m done with cutting body parts off him!!

And my goodness, he is dreamy <3

So that’s Walter Melon!!!

BBP

Visit site
Just stunning, both of them. (Skinny is not a problem my black pre has ever had, maybe I should start feeding him a watermelon only slim fast diet??). You seem to have a lovely eye for a horse and be able to produce them beautifully. I look forwards to seeing their progress.

Vickijay

Visit site
Just stunning, both of them. (Skinny is not a problem my black pre has ever had, maybe I should start feeding him a watermelon only slim fast diet??). You seem to have a lovely eye for a horse and be able to produce them beautifully. I look forwards to seeing their progress.

Maybe water Melon is the key!!!!!

Thank you, that is really kind of you to say. I’ll add some other pictures of Ferdi (named after Ferdinand the bull) below.

Vickijay

Visit site
Ferdi with his hair down!

Looking manly

Looking REALLY manly!

He really is absolutely fantastic. One in a million &#128525;

Vickijay

Visit site
Beautiful horses, though I did laugh at the picture of Walter having his melons taken.

He did not laugh &#128514; Ferdi did though, only under his breath whilst he polished his halo!!

It has actually been really interesting seeing him turn into a gelding

Lammy

Visit site
I started following you on instagram around the same time that you got Ferdi - can’t believe you’ve had him a year!
I love your new addition too! Are they both for keeps or are you thinking of selling one/both? (Keep both!)

I’d honestly love to send my baby pony to you for some boot camp, you do a wonderful job with the babies that you get in :)

Shady

Visit site
Gorgeous! especially Ferdi although i am looking forward to seeing more of Walter Melon( i LOVE that name so much!)
I am a massive fan of Spanish horses ,we have a big baroque PRE who my OH saw prancing down a fence line when i went to look at a pony and before i knew it we had bought him. He is amazing, so smart and willing, also very humorous which i didn't expect, sneaky too, nothing is safe, including my bum , he's damn good at giving a wedgy!!!
That's a hell of a brand mark on Walter isn't it, ours has the same, it's a huge H with a C covering it. Does Ferdi have one as prominent too Vicki?

Vickijay

Visit site
I started following you on instagram around the same time that you got Ferdi - can’t believe you’ve had him a year!
I love your new addition too! Are they both for keeps or are you thinking of selling one/both? (Keep both!)

I’d honestly love to send my baby pony to you for some boot camp, you do a wonderful job with the babies that you get in :)

Ferdi only came at he end of November, so still a bit to go before he has been here a year!!

I have committed to selling one of them as Dottie isn’t ever going anywhere. I can’t imagine preferring to ride any horse more than Ferdi, so I think that I may produce Walter for someone in the UK, but you never know!!

That’s very kind of you to say, the doors are always open for visiting baby ponies, apart from the other day when I had 8 to do!!!

Vickijay

Visit site
Gorgeous! especially Ferdi although i am looking forward to seeing more of Walter Melon( i LOVE that name so much!)
I am a massive fan of Spanish horses ,we have a big baroque PRE who my OH saw prancing down a fence line when i went to look at a pony and before i knew it we had bought him. He is amazing, so smart and willing, also very humorous which i didn't expect, sneaky too, nothing is safe, including my bum , he's damn good at giving a wedgy!!!
That's a hell of a brand mark on Walter isn't it, ours has the same, it's a huge H with a C covering it. Does Ferdi have one as prominent too Vicki?

Do you have a picture? I have been riding my friends big baroque one, his name is Avocado (you can see pictures of him on my Instagram if you have that, my name on there is “iamvicksie”), he certainly feels very different to Ferdi!!!

Ferdi has no brand, which is nice. Walters is new and still looks a bit sore poor chap

Vickijay

Visit site
Thank you, they are good eggs!

This is my homebred mare Dottie (I was feeling bad that she’s been left out on the post!)

Vickijay

Visit site
like all of them but dottie is my favourite, and i dont usually like spotties but she looks rather special...

A few people have said that about Dotttttie. She’s so cool. She’s only 15h but she’s super fun and is working at advanced/PSG level now

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I follow you on Instagram and absolutely love following your journey & Pretty ponies!
Dottie is also my favorite, stunning! Best of luck with your new lad, cant wait to see him transform x