My new boy has arrived

moocow

Visit site
my replacement for the mare I had on trial has arrived. my lovely mare that i fell in love with went home on sunday. Didn't even get as far as being vetted as when the vet saw her walk into the arena she immediately said no way!

the new boy had his vetting yesterday and passed with flying colours. He was delivered last night and OMG what have i done! I was looking for a nice quiet allrounder to get me back into riding and for some reason what i have bought is an unbroken three year old - grandson to cavalier royale!!!

I suspect a little too much horse for me but we will see how he goes. Wish me luck!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Good luck and lots of piccies please
smile.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks! Am all excited but terrified at the same time - I hope we get on OK. I was looking for more of a pet than a competition horse but here goes!

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sure you'll be fine... lots of love and disipline and you'll get along like a house on fire
smile.gif

moocow

Visit site
Hmmmm..... its the discipline that i might fall down on...... its early days so he doesn't know he scares the bejayus out of me! Wonder how long i will manage to keep that a secret from him.

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm..... its the discipline that i might fall down on...... its early days so he doesn't know he scares the bejayus out of me! Wonder how long i will manage to keep that a secret from him.

[/ QUOTE ]Ermmm... just remember body language speaks volumes!!!
tongue.gif

If you do find him too much... perhaps you could have lessons from a 'professional/qualified' instrustor ... and I don't mean riding I mean get them to come to you and show you how to handle him on the ground etc. but I'm sure you won't need that .. but remember it is an option!!

Good Luck!!
smile.gif

moocow

Visit site
Have that one covered! He is in an event yard with a BHSI trainer who competes and breaks eventers. He is going to break him for me (with involvement from me) and then bring both of us on to a little competing and we will see how it goes.

yeah went with the body language thing last night and was really confident around him - was quivering inside though - thats what i mean.... don't know how long it will be until he figures out his new mommy is actually a total woose!!!!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have that one covered! He is in an event yard with a BHSI trainer who competes and breaks eventers. He is going to break him for me (with involvement from me) and then bring both of us on to a little competing and we will see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]Ahhh sounds ideal!! Make sure you get involved with everything and I'm sure he'll be an angel!!
[ QUOTE ]
yeah went with the body language thing last night and was really confident around him - was quivering inside though - thats what i mean.... don't know how long it will be until he figures out his new mommy is actually a total woose!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]LOL - you'll be fine
smile.gif

moocow

Visit site
will get a picture of him up as soon as I can (techno phobe that I am !) would love to hear peoples honest oppinions and as well you will get a better idea of what i mean when i say he is totally different from what i was looking for!!! but of course couldn't say no to.

Oh dear god what have I done!!!!!

Puppy

Visit site
WOW! You found him fast, and have made a big jump there by taking on an unbroken 3 year old!! Best of luck with it all though.
smile.gif

moocow

Visit site
I know - the whole thing has been really rushed. the mare just left on sunday. the yard owner i think felt really sorry for me when I heard the news about the mare so brought me to see Darcy (newly christened last night!). i don't know if I am doing the right thing but we will give it a go!

ExtremeB

Visit site
How exciting! Mare I was looking to buy failed vet last Friday so I was really disappointed too. I hope all goes well for both of you - confidence is everything - even if your are "tied in knots" inside.... Looking forward to seeing pictures.