My new colt has turned up!

Flash_28

Visit site
Not too long ago I posted a msg on here asking about a name for a Cruisings Ambassador colt that I was rescuing. Well he has now turned up and such a little sweetie! :) Very uneducated but doesn’t have a nasty bone in his body. He is so sweet! He has been home for about 4 days now and we can already pick out all 4 feet and groom him all over. He’s a tad skinny, but at the rate he eats his hay it won’t be long before he is a little fatty! If I can work out how to put a picture on then I will! Very proud of him already :)

Flash_28

Visit site
Hope this works!

FoalysArrival003.jpg

FoalysArrival022.jpg

FoalysArrival010.jpg

FoalysArrival017.jpg

Holly831

Visit site
Open a photobucket account (free), upload photos (easy to follow instructions on photobucket.co.uk) then hover over the uploaded photo and copy the IMG code that appears below it (the last one in the list below the picture) on to your post...Pic will then show in the thread.

We need pics!!

Flash_28

Visit site
You did it!

Will be lovely to see him blossom with some TLC and his summer coat on!

Looks a nice honest chap though :)

Thank you Holly! :) I thought I would give it a whirl and see if it worked! ha ha Also thank you for your comments on him. :)

hobo

Visit site
Well done for giving him a home, why do some people let them get in that state. I bet in 4-6 weeks you will not reconise him. Look forward to pics in the future.

Flash_28

Visit site
Well done for giving him a home, why do some people let them get in that state. I bet in 4-6 weeks you will not reconise him. Look forward to pics in the future.

Thank you.

He isn't in as bad a condition as I thought he would be to be honest. I rescued him through an organisation and he looks in brilliant condition compared to some of the other horses that are being rehomed. His previous owner couldn't afford to keep him and it was a last ditch attempt to rehome him before he went to the factory. Luckily he is now my new little pony to add the growing herd :)

Already in a few days it is hard to believe it is the same pony! He turned up as a bay pony and now he is turning rather grey! I think he is actually destined for me as I was saving up for a grey Holstein and then found Foaly. I really love greys so it is an extra special hidden bonus! :D

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Good luck with him, he looks a very nice sort under that with a very kind eye. You won't recognise him in a few weeks but for now, please don't feel you have to over feed him to catch up; when they've been that poor, it needs to be a steady gentle gain, not stuff them full of food all the time. Will probably be six months before he's caught up everywhere but at least you have the growing season on your side and he can be turned out 24/7 to grow naturally and mature. I think you'll be very surprised, he has a great frame so the very best of luck and now you've learnt how to do pics, we'll expect an update every month at least! Has he got a name yet?

Flash_28

Visit site
Good luck with him, he looks a very nice sort under that with a very kind eye. You won't recognise him in a few weeks but for now, please don't feel you have to over feed him to catch up; when they've been that poor, it needs to be a steady gentle gain, not stuff them full of food all the time. Will probably be six months before he's caught up everywhere but at least you have the growing season on your side and he can be turned out 24/7 to grow naturally and mature. I think you'll be very surprised, he has a great frame so the very best of luck and now you've learnt how to do pics, we'll expect an update every month at least! Has he got a name yet?

Thank you :)

At the moment he is having 3 very small bland feeds which is just basically fibre at the moment and then he is given hay. The transporters who picked him up kept him at their yard for approx a week and he was being fed just hay there. He is still not that used to hard feed at the moment and has just started to pick at it a bit now. He is currently still in the box at the moment as he is in quarantine and away from the other horses. When his condition has picked up a bit the vet will be back out to give him his vacs too. In his pics he looks a bit fatter than in reality as the fluff on him hides most of it.

He does have a very kind eye but was a bit of a naughty pony last night. He kicked out a few times when brushing one hind leg. But it is still very early days for him and he already lets me do so much with him. I have also finally decided on a stable name for him :) I couldn’t find anything that started with a ‘C’ that suited him so he has been named Axel Foaly. I have been calling him Foaly for a while now so just seemed more natural to go with Axel Foaly. When I send off his passport for change of ownership I am going to register him with a name too. I have thought of one of the 4 options so far.

I’m glad you like him :) And don’t worry about the pictures I’m sure there will be many! Very proud of him already :D

Flash_28

Visit site
Thank you to you both :)

I'm very happy with him. I think I'm the lucky one as I would have had to have saved up for a long time to be able to afford a foal with his kind of breeding. Now he has turned up I feel even more lucky as he is just so sweet! When you brush his face he tries to groom you back on the side of your face.

Flash_28

Visit site
What a little sweetheart! I love it when they trust you enough to stay down for you - well done I think you are doing fabulously with him x

Thank you Holly :) I walked away after taking this photo to get the tools to muck out and when I came back he had a little shavings moustache! Wish I had kept my camera to take a picture.

LazyS

Visit site
Awh what a lovely little chap you have rescued - well done you. And I love the name.
My other half has phone tunes for different people and mine is 'Axel F' from the movie Beverley Hills Cop - because I love the tune - and it is in my head now as I look at your youngster. Good luck with him. It makes me wonder why we breed so many horses if this is how they are likely to end up - unwanted and just about to go "to the factory" (as you described), I didn't breed this year and have just sold my broodmare because it took so long to sell her first foal and the second one is for keeps as I was waiting for a 'boy' - there seemed no point in just doing it again. I do have a stallion but I have decided to enjoy him, ride him and if anyone wants to use him, fine, if not, fine - but he is much too nice to geld and a very special little horse in his own right. I keep reading the BHS piece at the top of the Breeding Forum about responsible breeding! It makes you think. Good luck with your chap and I look forward to hearing his progress reports.

Flash_28

Visit site
Awh what a lovely little chap you have rescued - well done you. And I love the name.
My other half has phone tunes for different people and mine is 'Axel F' from the movie Beverley Hills Cop - because I love the tune - and it is in my head now as I look at your youngster. Good luck with him. It makes me wonder why we breed so many horses if this is how they are likely to end up - unwanted and just about to go "to the factory" (as you described), I didn't breed this year and have just sold my broodmare because it took so long to sell her first foal and the second one is for keeps as I was waiting for a 'boy' - there seemed no point in just doing it again. I do have a stallion but I have decided to enjoy him, ride him and if anyone wants to use him, fine, if not, fine - but he is much too nice to geld and a very special little horse in his own right. I keep reading the BHS piece at the top of the Breeding Forum about responsible breeding! It makes you think. Good luck with your chap and I look forward to hearing his progress reports.

Thank you for your lovely comments on little guy :)

To be honest I was suprised at the number of horses and ponies at risk of the going to the factory. I use that to describe as it doesn't sound quite as bad as slaughter houses and such like. But not only the number of horses, but there are so many youngsters and fit healthy horses who are going to these places. I was very suprised to learn my little Foalio's breeding and yet he was still at risk.

Foaly is one of the lucky ones. He might not think so though being stuck with me for life now! :p