My new horse arrived today!

Hornby

Visit site
I lost my chestnut ID just before Christmas (it was very sad but he was 26). Today my new horse arrived, he is a heavyweight show cob called Buddy! And he is grey! See pics, as he arrived and meeting my mare Kangaroo who is very happy to have a friend again. I hope they are not too large, I have not posted pics for ages please don't kill me!
blush.gif
I'm not too sure if we will go down the "top level" showing route but we will take some time to get to know each other, then decide.

Buddy26thJan08004.jpg

Buddy26thJan08002.jpg

Buddy26thJan08005.jpg

Hornby

Visit site
Thank you for your comments.
smile.gif
It is sacrilege to let a show cob have a long mane! At the moment he looks so smart compared to my hairy mare that I will have to resist the temptation to clip all her hair off too! There is also the advantage that I can cover him in rugs to keep him clean without losing mane. However, never say never!
blush.gif
grin.gif

L00bey

Visit site
wow now he is a cob!! I'm very impresed cant wiat to see summer show pics!! NEVER grow his mane back he looks perfect as a show cob, love it!!!

k1mca

New User
Visit site
so glad he arrived safely and I look forward to hearing all about my old boy. He looks very happy in his new surroundings and will love having a girlfriend.

Foxford

Visit site
Wow! A good heavyweight is rarer than rocking horse poo, so I'm told! I hope you get out into the ring later on in the season.
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
He is stunning! I’m sure you are going to have lots of fun together!

Oh and I love the hogged look too, plus it’s so much easier to keep them clean!
wink.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Thank you to everyone for the very nice comments! He is 7 rising 8, 15.1 exactly or whatever it is in cms (life height certificate). He has no papers unfortunately but came from Ireland 3 years ago, I believe. (Looks ID to me - but I am biased in their favour!). Luurve has broken out between him and my mare, little kisses and gentle smelling and winkering to each other but sensible if I take one in and leave the other for a while. Fingers crossed we all get to know each other nicely.
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Aww I'm so happy for you Hornby
smile.gif
. He's lovely and clean - will he always stay clean?? Wishing you many happy years with him.

Oh and I LOVE your little mare; particularly as she is hairy!
grin.gif