My new horse

TicTac

Visit site
My beautiful mare Tictac is now retired as she is no longer happy being ridden due to arthritis in her coffin joint and so I set about looking for another horse.

I tried many and travelled a fair few miles in my search untill I finally found a fine figure of a beast called Spike. He ' passed' the vet and he has now been with me for nearly a week!

Spike is a 16.3hh ex racehorse who raced untill he was 9 years old and was then hunted for the last 2 years. He has not done any proper schooling but has a good brain and is a keen learner. He is remarkably flexible for such a big horse and I have bought him as a bit of a project allthough I do intend keeping him whatever as he is a good hack if nothing else!

He has settled in well considering I haven't even had him for 7 days. He allready knows where his food comes from and is a very chatty chap who seems to have good character. I'm hoping he will bring back the fun into to my horse ownership after such a tough time with Tictac.

Spike2.jpg

This piccy was taken yesterday when I got back from my hack.

P1020239.jpg

What do you think?

Luci07

Visit site
I don't normally post on pix of new horses as they are not often my cup of tea! But think your boy is very well put together and one I would have gone to see in a shot!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I think he is adorable - completely my sort! And you're right - as long as he is safe out hacking that's quite a major thing, so the schooling will be a really rewarding experience. Good luck with him. :)

TicTac

Visit site
I think Spike is GAWJUS, enjoy your time together, and lets not forget TicTac big hugs from me x

Thank you ebonyallen, that is a lovely thing to say. I will always have a special place in my heart for Tictac who has been my equine soul mate for the last 4 1/2 years. The one and only mare I shall ever have but gave me more than she will ever know. But she's happy being a retired princess now.

TicTac

Visit site
I don't normally post on pix of new horses as they are not often my cup of tea! But think your boy is very well put together and one I would have gone to see in a shot!

I nearly didn't go and see him as I didn't think he would be as nice as they said he was, but I knew as soon as I saw him that he would be mine.

J&S

Visit site
He definitely looks the business. Well done and best of luck for his/your future!