My non horsey neighbours are barking mad!

horseydebbie

Visit site
I'm sure lots of horsey people have nightmare neighbours, but I think ours would take some beating. After numerous visits from planning for alleged breaching of planning, including our menage lights, which are temporary and no where near their house. and reporting us running a business they have today rigged up 2 security lights, not for themselves but one shines directly into our kitchen window, the other directly onto our stable yard.These people are barking mad and have in past rigged up mirrors to frighten our horses to stop is riding past their property. Also justified their thugish sons throwing golf balls at our stables by saying "boys will be boys"
Sorry for long rant but we don't know what they will do next

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
How kind of them to provide illumination for your stable yard and kitchen....:p There's nothing worse than feuding neighbours, I presume you have spoken to them?

Parrotperson

Visit site
Yeh. Got neighbours like that where I teach. She actually complained to the council when we were putting up new tack room (with planning approval I might add) that this would encourage (and I kid you not) paedophiles to prey on her children 😳.

Took us 15 months to get plann No for outdoor arena lights because she continually complained to the planners about the lights disturbing the wildlife (ie her!🤣)

horseydebbie

Visit site
It’s harrassment. Record it and report it to the police.
Last month he put up sign pointing to our business premises. When tackled about it he said that he heard burglars night before and wasn't going out so thought he'd point burglars in our direction as we run business. I phoned police who said nothing they could do.

horseydebbie

Visit site
I was thinking that - mirror film like they use on cars. You can still see out - but it will reflect back.
good suggestion. Funnily enough we have 2 large samples of arena mirrors.
Are also going to park lorry to block out the one near yard. He wasn't clever enough to errect light higher than our lorry. Might even put mirror on back of lorry.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Your neighbours sound like one of ours! We had all (a few houses of different sizes along a private lane) ticked along nicely for over 20 years when Widow Twankey moved in. She insists on parking her car to block the lane, she feeds pigeons (and presumably rodents) on the lane, so that they are in danger of being run over, complains about anything and everything ; mud, cockerels, tractors, smells. The latest jolly wheeze is to install CCTV, which was pointing right into our yard.
We deal with the pigeons by playing a fanfare on the car horns outside her windows, to shift them - and they are persistent beggars! The maggies move much faster;). We just drive through the washing that she has left flapping over the lane because she has made it impossible to avoid it by leaving her car in the way:rolleyes: and we involved the police about the cameras. She had to move them and have a privacy screen put up.
We are just waiting for her to get fed up of our weather and move again!
In your case, OP, the mirrors sound perfect!

honetpot

Visit site
Our neighbour complains about everything, she has cost another neighbour 10s of thousands of pounds, I kid you not. If you phone the council they know exactly who you are talking about, you do not have to say her surname, even the council workmen know about her. On a housing estate I think this would perhaps be more normal, but when there are fields between you, and she still complains about the noise from the radio...... She is lucky that she hasn't had s**t dumped on her drive.
I think she is a sociopath, as she portrays herself to be a very nice caring person, but she is manipulative. My traveller neighbours are far more trustworthy than her, so never judge anyone by where they live.
They must be very lonely people.