My OH is going to kill me! Do I tell him now or later?

Enfys

Visit site
We are going to see a pony for my daughter on Saturday, but I've just had a long chat with the seller and she's offered me another pony (one is 14h, the other 14.2h) as part of the deal.

Sooooooooo........do I tell my long suffering OH about the other one now, or just sort of slide along to this mare's stall and mention that she's for sale too?

Mentioning that I might need another $800 may also be a little tricky, but these two together would still cost less than I've paid for my paint mare. He'll like the fact that they prefer to live out (so do I), I can see that he is going to be getting a Quad shaped Christmas present from me this year.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Oh I was in the same situation...there wasnt much he could do as I told him after I bought the horse...he was actually quite supportive (naievity is a wonderful thing)

meandmyself

Visit site
Tell him now. Gives him chance to get over the shock, and to say yes!
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I agree, tell him after... not having an OH but relating this to men, I didn't tell my dad I'd bought another horse until after I had, and he was fine and came to tow her home for me. Despite having spent four years telling me to get rid of the first one!

dieseldog

Visit site
Nah, don't tell him, my sister used to buy horses and tell her husband that they were a new livery. Some came and went without him ever finding out about them.

TigerLilly

Visit site
I would tell him the pony costs more to start with he will flip then throw in a but she will sell it for less to me as long as it has a good home wich then you tell him is a bargain it might work it works for me and also softens the blow!!

TequilaMist

Visit site
Tell him before.I did this with my horse he said no to me getting a horse.So didn't tell him when I bought one,even picked it up whilst he was at work then introduced him to her that evening!He didn't talk to horse for 2 weeks(not too keen on me either but well there are ways
grin.gif
)

Tia

Visit site
Tell him before you go. Just let him know that EVERYONE in Ontario who has horses generally has AT LEAST 8 of them!! You would be abnormal if you only had 2 and Canadians would frown upon you all.
grin.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
once you've got one horse OH's tend to be pretty resilient to more turing up.
The quad shaped pressie sounds a good plan. Leave the quad brocure lying around so he gets the hint of what he'll get if he doesnt kick up about the extra pony.

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What is the point of getting another one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm........well, put it like this, this really is a gift horse, 2 for the price of 1 and at the present exchange rate a third of the price I got for daughters pony back in the UK. Anyway, I have land, a full barn of hay and no job, bringing on a pony or two will keep me occupied and I have to justify having a sand ring laid after all. Besides that I strongly believe in Omens and these ponies have names that couldn't be ignored. They may be a pair of crocks, we'll see. Oh, I'm also getting a pair of kittens and a rabbit and two sets of tack, rugs & brushes as well. I needed some barn cats and I LIKE bunny wabbits.

Tia, I'll tell OH that. He's easy going enough, it's my own money anyway.

Enfys

Visit site
My daughter has a big mouth
mad.gif
and wins the wooden spoon award for stirring.

"Dadddddeeeeeeeee? Did mummy tell you about the other horse?" Brat!

OH just shrugged and asked if the price included shipping. Hiding the odd horse or two right outside the back door may not be so easy as it was when I had a field a mile away on the side of a mountain!

Someone once said that they always bought chestnut horses and her husband could never tell them apart so he never knew how many she had coming and going!
laugh.gif

Tia

Visit site
Woohoo!! Well done E!! She's just like my little one - big gob!

Your hubby would get on fine with mine, LOL!! Mine always says "Your job to buy the horses dear" and smiles - he doesn't care how many I have as he gets to enjoy the proceeds from them eventually.
smile.gif

Do be aware that registered stock is what you want here in Canada though. If ever you wanted to sell for decent money you MUST have good bloodlines.

Enfys

Visit site
You are right there Tia! E said it on purpose then, you know that innocent look they cultivate? it's "Oh Sorry, wasn't I meant to say?" You have to love 'em don't you?

I'm not sure if these two on saturday are reg, one is a welsh and the other a QHxarab so no papers but they sound OK for E at the moment, I may just leave them there!

My Paint mare is APHA reg by Robins Jag of Gold, just sorrel not palomino, and has two blue eyes. A showing friend here has our summer campaign mapped out before I've even got the poor soul home.
Giannola_03.jpg

Enfys

Visit site
Hi Tia,

Yes she's a sorrel overo, not a huge amount of white, just a few splashes on her belly and neck and has a white face like her sire, both eyes are blue too, I've never seen a horse with both blue before.

Hopefully she'll be here early next week. Photos then.