my old horse for sale

jxd

Visit site
Bit of a pointless post, just feeling a bit weird - just seen my mare I used to own up for sale in horse and hound - I sold her 3 years ago, as I outgrew her (15.1) - she was a super jumper, but was never really going to stand up to consistent eventing.
Obviously I dont want to interfere, I guess its just bought back
(good!) memories and ponderings over how she is - I had to sell my next horse from her last year before going to uni, so am now horseless
frown.gif

Anyone else seen a previously owned horse back up for sale before out of the blue?

_daisy_

Visit site
i know how you feel. I sold one of my mares 3 years ago this Novemeber. just over a year after i sold her i saw her up for sale in the Yorkshire Post. Was a bit upset as the buyer had said she was a private buyer, was going to have a home for life. Found out she was a manager of a riding school, had used her in the school for the whole time they had her then decided to get shut for one reason or another (oh yes and tried to double her price). Dont know if they ever sold her. Mum even called as a potential buyer but they didnt have much to say about her!!
Ive always wondered whether they sold her or not.

Salcey

Visit site
I also had to sell my horse before going to college. After 3 years of college I left, got married and had my first child. When he was 3 I took him to the local nursery - and my old mare was grazing the front paddock! I could not believe it I then managed to stay in touch with her till she sadly died of old age about 7 years ago.

Weezy

Visit site
Hey jex - if you lost contact with them call them up! Say hi, say you have seen the ad and you thought you would give them your up to date contact details in case any prospective purchasers want further history on her
laugh.gif