My Petrie top boots are peeling!

Lyle

Visit site
I'm hoping the power of HHO will be able to give me a little confidence boost!
I purchased a pair of second hand Petrie boots, and I had my first ride in the today and I've worn a hole on the inside calf!

It looks like there is an outer layer that has delaminated from the thicker leather :confused: and on closer inspection, it looks like it's happening around the heel where the boot jack presses.

Has anyone had anything like this before? I was planning on getting front zips put it, so I suppose they could put a big patch over it.

Argh, not what I needed this week! Have a huge car mechanic bill, I've cracked a tooth, and tried to cheer myself up with a treat that has backfired!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
ive have 2 pairs of petrie boots and neither wore very well. the first pair were second hand and after about 12 months with me wore through in the ankle and inside calf, exactly how yours have.

ive had the other pair 2 years approx and they are already very wore in the same areas. I wioe grease/dust off after every ride and use a combined polish/balm weekly. I only ever ride in the them, never wash off,turn out etc.

wil be sticking to Konig or Donadeo from now on.

Lyle

Visit site
Thanks PS, seems a shame that they have a good name, but aren't up to scratch!

I suppose I'll just have to make do until I can afford a pair of Konigs!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
have a look at the donadeo boots on joshua jones, they have a mucher higher bow than the konigs and come with a really good none slip sole already in place (i find konig leather soles stupidly slippery!).

They are similar in price to the Grandgester but a much smarter show boot IMO, i have patent black for shows and am getting patent brown for home :) (hopefully with some sort of disgusting diamond/snakeskin decoration going on too lol!)

thats said, i LOVE the konigs in the colour blackberry too!