My poor girlie

Madam_max

Visit site
After my recent posts of Corroy being totally flat, thinking she's in foal etc, I got the vet to come and do a blood test today. I went up this morning for Farrier (so at least her feet are sorted now-another story). I couldn't wait for the vet as I had to work, but my friend sorted her. When the vet got there Corroy was lying down (she never lies down in the day), she didn't even flinch when they took blood and she normally objects. Vet thought this was unusual for Corroy too!! So at least she doesn't think I'm mad. Friend had just called me and she's flat out again!!! She hasn't been out for a week as her shoes were so bad. She's going out this afternoon, if she gets up
frown.gif
. I wonder what is wrong with her?
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sorry for rambling, just feel a bit sad about it all.

miamibear

Visit site
Poor Corroy, at least you are doing all you can to find out whats going on with her.
Lets hope its something easy to solve and you can have her back to her normal self in no time

Mellymoo1

Visit site
My friends horse was very much like this last week - really floppy, didn't want to move much, just wasn't right at all. When the vet ran blood tests, his red blood cells were really low. Can't remember what the vet gave him but hes back to his usual bouncy self this week.

Hope Corroy's feeling better soon ((((huggles)))).

ruscara

Visit site
It has proved that you know your horse best! Let's hope that the bloods show up something that is easily fixed. Could be anything at this stage, but you have done the right thing getting the vet in. What a worry for you. Poor Corroy.
frown.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Oh no poor Corroy!!

If its any help Rambo's horse was being quite naughty recently, not him self, didn't want to jump etc. It turned out to be a virus, he has had some time off and is now on the mend but i think it really knocked him for six (Rambo will be able to tell you more if he reads this).

Think there has been quite a lot going round as i have read somewhere that quite a lot of vets are getting problems like this lately.

I really hope she is ok, keep us updated

Madam_max

Visit site
Yes going back to when this all began she refused a x-pole with me
confused.gif
. She has never done this in 7 years and wouldn't refuse a 3ft jump let alone a 1ft cross pole
confused.gif
Yet a few weeks before she got placed at the combined training.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Thats the same as Rambo's Bo, he loves his jumping but was refusing to go over a small course. He had Rambo off twice, once by rearing up which was really out of character and once coz he just fell through a jump and landed on top of Rambo, ouch!!!

At that point Rambo called the vet and had bloods done and found out it was a virus. He was funny for about a week or two before that though and Rambo was already thinking of getting bloods done.