My Poor Girlie

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Went down today to ride Ellie first time since poorly (nearly two weeks) and as I was putting her bit in my sister noticed that she had a cut on her tongue.

When we looked it appears that she has TWO large cuts on her tongue, probably over a week old looking at them, right on the edge of her tongue at the front. It looks like she has bit it really hard.

At the time they must have been awful as they are quite deep now although healed up
crazy.gif
frown.gif

She isn't at all bothered by them though and my friend said she has never been off her feed (not that she ever is
grin.gif
). But they must have bled a lot I am sure cause tongues do don't they?

I feel really awful that I never noticed them at all
crazy.gif

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I know they do.
crazy.gif

I haven't been down to the yard in over a week though as I have been ill and my friend has been looking after her. She is a really diligent carer so I know she would have said if she had been aware of it. In fact the vet would have been called before me if she had been at all aware that there was anything wrong.

I can only think that Ellie has fallen in the field and clamped her teeth down on her tongue and that by the time it has been feed time she has felt ok enough to eat. She is a tough cookie mind you.
grin.gif