My poor horse.....

Frumpoon

Visit site
Was beaten with the sharp end of a fork by a short tempered groom...now he has two big welts on his neck akin to deepish puncture wounds....

Bless my friends and confidantes at the yard have been so supportive and the groom is not well -liked for her attitude to both human and horses...

But since the YO's attitude is that you can't prove it so if you aren't happy then leave...so we are leaving....

Anybody know of a nice, safe place between Birmingham and Coventry that will take 2 big showjumpers, highly strung but very sweet, soft boys who I am happy to handle myself if needs be in DIY or supported DIY, crucially where beatings are frowned upon quite strongly.....

Can supply references - we still exchange Xmas cards with my YO from nearly 20 years ago, always pay, shoe, wormregularly, very good people but will not abide cruelty and hate confrontation

mollymum

Visit site
Sorry, I'm not in your area, so I can't reccomend a yard. I just wanted to say, why don't you report this groom to the RSPCA? You may as well, as you're leaving anyway. I know they're a bit useless sometimes, but they have to follow up on any reports.

mightymammoth

Visit site
Sorry, I'm not in your area, so I can't reccomend a yard. I just wanted to say, why don't you report this groom to the RSPCA? You may as well, as you're leaving anyway. I know they're a bit useless sometimes, but they have to follow up on any reports.

agree, I would go beserk if they did this to my horse or if I saw them do this to another horse.

In terms of livery I think google or looking in the yellow pages is the best bet

Frumpoon

Visit site
YO is trying to smooth things over, said there's no proof so I can accuse anybody of anything.

Then she tried to justify the actions because he's a big bolshy lad [so that's ok presumably]

Unfortunately I did my medical training in East London and I am sorry to say I am familiar with what a stab wound looks like!!!!!

I went up last night to have a calm chat with the yard owner, voice my concerns and ask that, that person was allowed nowhere near my horses...I was told the only way she could guarantee that was if I didn't keep my horses with her....so we are moving, shimples!!

Anywhere round Sutton Coldfield/Lea Marston/Coleshill etc????

Odd Socks

Visit site
Omg :O that sort of behaviour is disgusting! I would definitely report to the RSPCA and what about the local paper? I'm sure YO and groom would think twice about the way they've treated you if they were confronted by their own mugshot on the front page!!

Hope you find somewhere nice!

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Was beaten with the sharp end of a fork by a short tempered groom...now he has two big welts on his neck akin to deepish puncture wounds....

Bless my friends and confidantes at the yard have been so supportive and the groom is not well -liked for her attitude to both human and horses...

But since the YO's attitude is that you can't prove it so if you aren't happy then leave...so we are leaving....

Anybody know of a nice, safe place between Birmingham and Coventry that will take 2 big showjumpers, highly strung but very sweet, soft boys who I am happy to handle myself if needs be in DIY or supported DIY, crucially where beatings are frowned upon quite strongly.....

Can supply references - we still exchange Xmas cards with my YO from nearly 20 years ago, always pay, shoe, wormregularly, very good people but will not abide cruelty and hate confrontation

I am not saying that the groom did not do this, but a horse under my care came in with wounds that could look like he was scaped with a fork. I know for a fact that he was not as I was the only person taking care of him that day. And even if I had staff I would know that they would not have done it to him because he is the most polite and well behaved horse anyone could ever wish for. It is a total mystery as to how he got them as he only goes out in the all weather TO and there was nothing that I could see that could have cause the damage. His owner never dreamt for one moment his wound was anything other than self inflicted. So what I am saying is, could it be possible that this was not done by the groom? If it was, then I am really sorry to hear about it. It is absolutely shocking!

Brandy

Visit site
Did anyone see the groom do this? In which case, yes, you do have proof. If no one saw it, heard it or anything then that does make things rather difficult.

I'm sorry your poor horse has been injured and don;t blame you for moving anyway, proof or not, if the groom is that way inclined.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Unfortunately she is that way inclined..I have seen her go at his face with sharp end of a fork when he wandered out of his box before - totally unneccessary as I was standing in front of him at the time so he couldn't go very far...

The horses had been in all of last week due to the high winds and the stables are made of moulded resin so no sharp bits...and it is def 2 little puncture wounds about 3 inches apart....

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Wow that's terrible. Why do people with bad tempers work with anmals the 2 just don't go together. The YO should have had the groom in for a grilling, you are the paying customer. What goes around comes around - I hope she loses all her liveries. To stab a bolshy horse with a fork is so OTT and cruel - I wonder if she takes a whip to children for misdemeanours? Hope your horse is ok and gets over this abuse.

Last edited:

dallastheo

Visit site
Poor horse and poor you, wish i could run my own yard.. these people would be the other side of the world as far as im concerned!! give that groom a taste of her own medicine :mad: urgh makes me mad how any one can even think of harming any horse or animal.
hope you find somewhere nice soon ,:)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Unfortunately she is that way inclined..I have seen her go at his face with sharp end of a fork when he wandered out of his box before - totally unneccessary as I was standing in front of him at the time so he couldn't go very far...

The horses had been in all of last week due to the high winds and the stables are made of moulded resin so no sharp bits...and it is def 2 little puncture wounds about 3 inches apart....

Jeeze. I hope she gets the sack, though sounds like YO is blind to it. No wonder you are leaving.