My rescue filly (arab) - the story so far

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Last week I brought home an 18 month old purebred arab filly. She hasn't had the best starts in life and is very thin, rain scald pn her back and quarters and generally in need of lots of TLC. However she has been well handled, is very sweet natured, loves being fussed, ties up, leads and is very bright but sensible. My YO's Mum nicknamed her Little Princess, which is a bit Katie Price for me so she's now known as LP.

This is her as a foal:
ptracifoal2.jpg

ptracifoal5.jpg

This is her last week, a few days after she arrived - you can really see how thin she is:
ptracci9.jpg

ptracci11.jpg

This is her on Monday in the field:
ptracifield.jpg

The vet checked her over today and said she was healthy just thin, so fingers crossed her tough year this year won't have affected her long term.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Bless her, she looks a sweetie and just how poor Spring was last year when I bought her. You'll notice a big difference soon, just be prepared to be patient and take it slowly but she'll repay you in spades.
Good luck, please keep us updated.

sallyf

Visit site
Poor little mite im sure she will soon pick up with the care and attention she is getting now.
And what a kind face she has im sure she will be lovely in no time at all

htobago

Visit site
Oh poor little thing!

She has a very sweet face and sounds like a lovely person. I'm so glad she is now in good hands - do post pics of her progress, OK?

What is her breeding?

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
She's by a stallion called Amdani who is by Maysoun out of a mare called Eunette who is by Eunizar - so she's Straight Egyptian cross Polish I believe. Still learning about bloodlines.

Her full pedigree is here:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ptraci

Thanks for all the lovely comments - I will post photos as she improves. We walked over some trotting poles this morning - she's so unbothered about everything... she just picked her feet up and said 'where next Mum?'
grin.gif

htobago

Visit site
Some very nice lines there. Mostly Egyptian and Polish, but on her sire's side she has one English line through Ghazu and another through Berenice.

The high Egyptian percentage (as well as her poor start in life) means she will probably be slow to mature. But she should turn out rather nice, I think.
smile.gif

sallyellis

Visit site
Crikey poor girly...! How lucky to have been found by you. Please keep us up to date on her progress, I think we have pm'd each other as I have a 17 month old arab colt he is the complete opposite. Has been mollicoddled since birth, looks lovely but tries it on every few days! He hasnt won yet, how I wish he behaved like your girl.

Best of luck Sally

magicchett

Visit site

O ok - i just read previous posts!

O shes beautiful! So sad to see her like that
crazy.gif

Where did she come from and why is she in this state?! She looked like she started in a very nice home? How did you come to find her?

Tell us more!?