My show "report!"

jenbleep

Visit site
Mmm it's been a bit of a crazy day!
crazy.gif

Was planning on doing the riding club horse - we arrived in plenty of time, the class before mine had just gone in so no need to panic.

I go to enter, then I call CC's owner (J) to tell her I'm just going to the loo and will be back in a bit. J's daughter answers, then suddenly I hear this big bang
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
I'm like, "Um, hello?? Is everything ok?!" I go back to the trailer and there are about 6 people all gathered round, looking rather concerned! Turns out CC kicked the door down
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
God knows why, she was pretty upset
frown.gif
We think it could be because there was plastic bale bags blowing around everywhere! Anyway some nice man got her out for us, walked her around as she was pretty wound up
frown.gif
frown.gif
It took about an hour for her to settle fully! She had two superficial cuts on her hocks (not cuts really, just bald bits) and on on her pretty head
frown.gif
Like I say, the skin wasn't broken and she wasn't lame thank god. So decided to miss the show class, I was quite happy about that actually! CC was too wound up so I didn't think I should even bother, and just get her settled.

J had to go off to look at a pony (off, I mean miles away!) So I was there on my own
frown.gif
I don't compete often so I was a bit stressed, as was CC but there was some lovely people around that helped me
grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

I warmed up for the 2ft 3, CC was very tense and couldn't keep her eyes off those hay bales
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
but after a while she was working really nicely - not "leaney", and really quite light in my hand
cool.gif
cool.gif
she felt lovely. She hadn't jumped for a while but jumped each practice fence well
smile.gif

Ok, so here where the fun begins
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
Went into the 2ft3. Quite tight in there, but there were bigger horses that managed it, so no excuse for us
grin.gif
Started off well, then got to number 5 which was a skinny and after 2 attempts we demolished it
frown.gif
frown.gif
I ended up on her neck at one point! I was so completely embarrassed
blush.gif
blush.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
So we were allowed to carry on going, then came to a double which she flew (after some encouragement!) I seem to remember the next bit went ok but not necessarily tidy
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
then she refused the last jump twice
frown.gif
frown.gif
So the judge said to jump it the other way, so it was facing the arena door!
blush.gif
Jumped it, but again I was mortified with myself - CC was just taking the p*ss but I was so nervous I just couldn't ride. Saying all that, her flatwork was lovely today
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I was slightly upset, so decided to jump her again in the warm up. Now there was NO EXCUSES and she flew each jump - J said did I want to take her in the 2ft 6
shocked.gif
yeah what the hell, I was third in so just waited for my turn
crazy.gif

Jumped the first nice, then refused the second. My fault, it was a jump connected to two others and I kind of forgot where to go
blush.gif
blush.gif
smirk.gif
Anyway after circling she jumped it fine. Ok to the third and forth, then number 5 was that skinny again
shocked.gif
mad.gif
Refused once, then she jumped it perfect the second time
cool.gif
Cleared the double, my reins slipped though (I only had some fancy leather gloves on, not riding ones! Is that an excuse?
tongue.gif
) Then if I remember rightly clear over the 7th and 8th
grin.gif

Saying all that, I was getting some vocal help from the judge. Oh well, so I was eliminated but got a "pity" rosette! Hey ho
grin.gif

So there you have it - completely embarrassed with myself
blush.gif
blush.gif
but CC has never jumped a course before, and I think she is actually quite promising
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
She has a fab jump, (once she does!!
tongue.gif
) and I love her. Her flatwork today was fantastic.

I am a nervous wreck, and need to compete more to get my confidence. I'm not scared of jumping - it's the people watching me that's scary!
blush.gif
crazy.gif

The judge came out afterwards and gave me some great advice, she even mentioned teams?? CC and me on a showjumping team!
blush.gif
cool.gif

Here is a photo just to prove we were there - nothing terribly exciting though sorry
smirk.gif

J's daughter with CC
cool.gif
I've distorted her face because I didn't know if her Mum would like her on HHO
blush.gif

[image]
jennypictures-1-1.jpg
[/image]

Sorry for rambling - I've just had such a day!!

Thanks for reading
laugh.gif
xxx

LizzieJ

Visit site
You can always have Hasty you know
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
Well done though for keeping going and I'm sure you'll both have learnt a lot from the day and you sound like you enjoyed it really
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

rara007

Visit site
Well done- Once thing go to plan everything tend to go doesn't it
frown.gif
. You kept i going though- and cleared alot more jumps than you didn't
smile.gif
. Fingers crossed next time CC behaves abit better.

jenbleep

Visit site
thanks both!
smile.gif
I did enjoy myself, if a little scared at times
grin.gif
wink.gif
but I love riding CC and she is *normally* so well behaved. I was worried she was going to be a donkey - mmm not today!
blush.gif

Her owner mentioned about taking us to a showjump clinic at a fancy indoor school near Truro as well
grin.gif
grin.gif
yey

Next time I think I'll bypass the 2ft3 and just do 2ft6 and 2ft9, she can do it! We just need a bit of practice with courses
smirk.gif
wink.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So you sure you don't want Hasty then?!?!
tongue.gif
She doesn't stop....
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll hold you to that when I have a better job.....I'm aiming for next summer time
grin.gif
wink.gif

Well, I'm just trying to be realistic
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
I was soooo embarrassed
frown.gif
frown.gif
that's probably my biggest problem - the fact that I have a very negative mind! Well after all that I can still see good things from today!
grin.gif
grin.gif

12 time ay?
shocked.gif
Did you get him/her through it in the end?
blush.gif

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
You sound like you enjoyed yourself, even if things didn't go to plan. First time I ever showed Dolly was an in hand class. She was rearing and bucking and I had to withdraw. That was embarrassing. I was so red in the face and drenched in sweat.

jenbleep

Visit site
I can't wait to go again!
blush.gif
At least I should hopefully get some practice in beforehand
wink.gif

My friend text me before the show and said "Have fun and don't worry if she's not perfect" I replied saying that she knew me so well!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

I suppose you could get a good thing from that experience Theresa - at least you weren't asked to leave
grin.gif

_April_

Visit site
It all sounds quite promising Jen I think!

From reading your report, it sounds as if there was a definite improvement between the 2 classes so I'm sure with some practice she'll do great.
Especially as she hasn't jumped a coure before, it's a big step for them.

Refusing is nothing to be embarrased about!!
April used to catleap me off many a time at shows - then cue the walk of shame out of the ring LOL
blush.gif
grin.gif

Everyone has been there - horses are great levellers as my mum says
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
aww thanks Medley!
smile.gif

I defiantly think with some practice we'll do great - she has a lovely jump and once we do I feel in total balance with her! Just need some practice
grin.gif
wink.gif
I seem to forget that she is only 6 and a late starter, and her owner only hacks her. So she's a pretty clean slate!
blush.gif

Horses are definitely great levelers
blush.gif
wink.gif