My time and patience has paid off :O)

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I just wanted to share a picture with you all :O)

8 weeks ago I picked up my new pony. Absolute bargain price as he was nervous, uncatchable, wouldnt tie, terrified of having his legs touched, wouldnt pick up feet, couldnt mount him as he literally ran away, the list went on...
Anyway, vet has been, back man, dentist, trimmer and saddle fitter. Lots of time and love (and money!)have been put into my pony. Now he has none of the above issue. Comes to call, soft as grease and always relaxed, stands and nods off when tied up, lets kids jump all over him, picks up all feet and stands stock still to be mounted. Anyway, just wanted to share a picture of us hacking tonight :O) My dream pony Benji xx

Benji0092.jpg

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Thanks guys. I just knew there was a gem under all his issues and I was so right (and its nice to say told you so to the doubters). I just cant believe how quickly we have worked everything out. He hacks alone and is as calm as anything. Cantered him in the open for the first time yesterday and he was amazing! Stopped as soon as I asked and never pulled. He came with a gag but he does not need it at all. Will be treating him to a nice snaffle tomorrow.

I am just so proud of him :D

Sorry for the gushy mummy post xx

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Is the big ring on a continental snaffle not the same action as a snaffle. I was always told it was. They were the height of fashion at my yard years ago :rolleyes:

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I believe the big ring is the same as a snaffle, but I would be so proud to be hacking him in his simple snaffle instead of the gag. Plus, I love buying him presents! Ha ha