My trick riding is improving

scruffyponies

Visit site
Pony threw a big excited buck as we shot out of a hedge (I was still coming up from a 'duck') into gallop, and I found myself hanging by one knee over his wither, flat out, checking out soft spots for the inevitable landing. Somehow he kept his line, stride and neck steady, and I was able to throw myself back into the saddle.

I'm still working out how this didn't end in an involuntary dismount, but it was almost worth it for the adrenaline rush.
Feeling quite lucky this morning :)

Birker2020

Visit site
Gosh you were lucky!

I've never bothered looking for a soft spot as I always go very floppy when I fall off anyway, I just lose all my muscle strength, I think its terror!
But last time I tried to fall differently and looked for a better way to land and ended up really hurting myself.

Next time (if there is a next time) I will just go floppy again, its much safer. This is why drunks that fall down staircases never hurt themselves, because they are very relaxed. My ex boyfriend (who could really knock them back) at my 21st Birthday fell all the way down 12 steps with a big thud but he stood up with fag intact and said "at least my fag didn't go out"

HorseMaid

Visit site
I had the same happen to me once, horse pecked on landing and I nearly went over the front, managed to hoik myself back up but can remember thinking "Noooo!! I'm going on holiday tomorrow!" as the ground whizzed past my face!