My Wanted Ad

hairycob

Visit site
When I say I'm looking for 15.2 to 16.1 what makes people think a 14.2 or 17 might fit the bill?
When I say aged 4-7 why do people think their 16yo is what I want?
When I say gelding - no I don't want a mare, yard is geldings only so no choice.
When I say within 2 hour drive of North Beds, well I don't know how fast some people drive, but Northumberland?
And why do some people run the whole lot together & message me about an elderly 14.2 mare in Outer Mongolia?

Tern

Visit site
HEHE! To be honest if it's a stocky cobby 15hh you could probably get away as riding it like a 15.2 but not with a 14.2.. Just keep breathing if you haven't already then state on ad about yard rule to make it clear. Maybe you need to underline it, bold it and put it in red then cover it in sparkles to make things a bit clearer? ;)

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
Could be worse, when I advertised for a quiet sensible companion for my mare I was offered an un-handled stallion. Bloke was extremely put out when I expressed my incredulity.

hairycob

Visit site
Maybe in red with sparkles then. I have put it as a rule in some places but not all, doesn't seem to make any difference. So frustrating horse hunting. Not looking for stocky, cobby though more a sport horse ( yes I know cobs are wonderful, son's old cob is brilliant, my cob was lovely) but I am quite clearly putting in my ads that it's wanted for SJ.

Tern

Visit site
Maybe in red with sparkles then. I have put it as a rule in some places but not all, doesn't seem to make any difference. So frustrating horse hunting. Not looking for stocky, cobby though more a sport horse ( yes I know cobs are wonderful, son's old cob is brilliant, my cob was lovely) but I am quite clearly putting in my ads that it's wanted for SJ.

No no, I understand you - there are tons around! Just probably not in your area range :\

Annagain

Visit site

I'm sure I won't be the only to say something along these lines, but my friend's 15.1 stocky cob is one of the best jumpers I know! BSJAs to newcomers, events at 100 and is an absolute star! Yes, he has to be very fit to make the time xc but he can and does do it!

hairycob

Visit site
Son has been riding a 15.1 cob for the last 6 years - took him to Hickstead & would have been on PC Team at Blenheim the year it was cancelled due to rain. Cob has now been snaffled by me & son has grown a bit since he was 15 & wants something bigger. The 16h cobs don't tend to be so nimble. Though an RID would be lovely, they tend to be out of budget. There are loads of lovely horses that catch the eye but they all seem to be around the edge of the country & we are right in the middle.