My youngster's antics

Groom Mum

Visit site
Does anyone else's ponies/ horses paw at their feed bucket when eating it and knock the lot over ? My rascal paws and turns the feed bowl round and round and usually tips his feed all over the floor. The only way to stop this happening is to hold the bucket while he's eating it, which probably irritates him. But he just tips it all over.

Groom Mum

Visit site
I thought of that but then I thought he is so naughty he may hurt himself messing around with the tyre. He's like a naughty toddler. He gets almost manic and excited when eating. My other one just munched away quietly and calmly. Not him he's a right nutter at feed time.

Last edited:

mayangold

Visit site
My youngster does exactly this. cant wait to get in there, preferably with all 4 feet. Then looks at me like its my fault her dinner is all over the place! haha

Archiepoo

Visit site
could you get a corner manger? theyre pretty robust and if you get the type with the frame you fit to the wall (in a corner obviously lol) you can remove the triangle shaped bucket for filling and cleaning

Groom Mum

Visit site
could you get a corner manger? theyre pretty robust and if you get the type with the frame you fit to the wall (in a corner obviously lol) you can remove the triangle shaped bucket for filling and cleaning

That's a really good idea. I'm going to look into that. Tonight he tipped all his tea on the floor and it mixed with the shavings and straw, so I had to get him more. So naughty. Thanks.

Last edited:

Groom Mum

Visit site
I've invested in a corner manger and bracket. Do they go about chest height ? Pony chest height nor me !! I also bought one of these frames to hold a Haynet whilst you fill it. It's my pet hate and I have to wear a mask because the hay dust gets in my lungs. I'm looking forward to seeing if that's good or not.