Myler bits (sizeing?)

Visit site
Hi all! Does anyone have expeirence with Myler bits?

I recently bought a Eggbutt comfort snaffle with hooks from ebay in a 5 1/2" for my 5 1/2" mouthed gelding, the problem being it is huge!:eek: a good inch of overhang sticks out of his mouth.

It is the exact same size to his normal snaffle but it completly swamps him, is this normal for mylers? I'm now putting it back on ebay and looking for a 5" one but am unsure if it's normal for mylers or due to the shape of the mouthpeice ect:confused:

Please help the confused one!

xx

Blitzen

Visit site
My mare has a short shank combination bit with comfort mouthpiece in a 5.5 inch, which is what size she always has, and it fits her perfectly :)
Its far too harsh for her though, the slightest touch on the reins and she was slamming the breaks on! She has to have the curb chain really loose if she's wearing a pelham, so I think the combination noseband was too similar to the curb pressure, so I chopped it off :D now its just like her old 2 ring dutch gag but much nicer as she likes the Myler mouthpiece. I won it in a magazine competition so it didn't feel too painful chopping up a £100 bit :p :D

9tails

Visit site
It depends on the size of the lozenge. I have a 5.5 comfort snaffle with a smaller lozenge and it fits fine as it collapses more, but my low port with a larger lozenge was too big because it's effectively a straight bar.