Mylers

Bossanova

Visit site
Depends upon the individual horse- theyre great for horses which dont like joints/inks as the straightbar version is reay nicely shaped. The link cheek snaffle works well on some of ours.

_daisy_

Visit site
thanks for this Boss. Im trying to get to the bottom of Chantins head throwing. She goes well in the KK but was wondering if she might be happier in a myler?

Bossanova

Visit site
Interesting you say that- had an arabx pony who was v unstable in his head carriage and he really liked the myler comfort snaffe. Have you tried a rubber snaffle? That would be on my list to try (a fexible rubber, not vulcanite)

LauraBR

Visit site
Ebay is good for mylers I find (have tried a few)- if the seller won't accept them back you can always stick it back on...

When looking on there for the bit I hoped would suit my new boy I got a new one for £20!!!!! And it has been great, he seems so much happier in his mouth, amazing the difference.

Never tried a KK so can't compare... although horses for courses- be hard to compare anyway!

_daisy_

Visit site
she was working very steady in her head till she came home. Just been hacking and shes got very violent with the head sometimes. Had her back, tack etc checked out and nothing wrong so now its down to trying all other posibilities, numnahs,bits,boots,masks etc. Just a thought as the mylers are shaped differently.
Did the arabx have a loose ring one or not?
No havent tried a rubber snaffle - dont own one so never thought about trying her in one - do you mean happy mouth one? ill have a look to see if i can borrow one or ill buy one to try?

_daisy_

Visit site
ive got my eye on one - dont know if its genuine becasue someone has told me they dont do anything bigger than a 5 1/2 and the one im interested in is 6"

Instructor says the bit is perfect for her but that was when she was at her yard and the head throwing wasnt happening. She has however mentioned since that i should stick her in a standing martingale.

Bossanova

Visit site
Not happy mouth, hate those things...just plain back rubber.
Does she flick her head, bob up and down or just react to a contact?

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I love Mylers and every horse I've tried one in has gone better. They seem to love the taste of them and they reward the horse for softening in the contact. I have a KK Ultra as well which I do use on occasion but found the Mylers produce much better results.

_daisy_

Visit site
i would say its between a flick and bob up and down. Physio cant see anything that would be causing it. Instructor said it could be a way to get out of doing things and i need to break the habit before she thinks that the way we do things,

right going to look for the bit your on about

_daisy_

Visit site
i dont know whether to put it down to routine, allergy or just being a pain in the arse.
When she was at instructors yard she was stabled most of the day, had a few hours individual turnout, went on the horse walker twice a day and got exercised. Now shes home shes out 24/7 with her mates and is getting hacked out.

Maybe im making excuses up and just being soft with her. Maybe i need to get firm with her and see how we go. I havent got a clue which way to start first.
Was thinking though if i change her routine and try other bits n peices of tack etc and shes no better then shell go to the vet for diagnosis.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Love mine. I use it 99% of the time.

My cob has a Myler comfort snaffle with wide barrel. Took a while for him to get used to it but I do my flatwork/lessons/dressage in it, hack in it, most of my jumping and fast work in it. He's definitley more relaxed in it than in any other bit I have (and I have a lot!).

Can't comment on the KK though as not tried one.

_daisy_

Visit site
cheers cc - i thinks its going to go on my list - just hope i can pick one up cheap - this hos is going to cost me fortune by the time ive worked out whats causing it.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I have a Myler high wide comfort snaffle, and its fantastic. I ride 2 horses in it, and they love it too. They don't fight against it and lean like they used too and one of the horses is now much more relaxed and doesn't grind her teeth like she used to in a loose ring snaffle.

Never used a KK so can't compare.
smile.gif

PoppyPony

Visit site
I love my myler comfort snaffle with hooks - used it on a speedy connie pony and my cob and they both go wonderfully in it. You can loan them for a little while from the bit bank which should tell you if they suit your horse.
About the headshaking thing - my cob used to headshake (although I've never experienced it personally so don't know how bad it was) and he has never done it in the myler, although he also has a nose net.