Name needed for a Cruisings Ambassador colt

Flash_28

Visit site
Hi

I’m needing some help to come up with a name. I have rescued him as he was due to be sent to the factory bless him. He’s a bay ISH with a little white star and 3 white socks by Cruisings Ambassador out of a TB mare. I have no idea on a name for him at all. Needing a stable name and a name to register him with. He is currently registered but unnamed. I am hoping to maybe show jump or event with him if he is able to in the future. I would like his name to start with a ‘C’ as I have been told it is good luck to do that. Also would like to try and wedge Cruising or Cruise or something in his registered name if possible. Just wondering if people would be able to help me or the poor guy will remain nameless forever! I’m not really that creative either!

Cliqmo

Visit site
How about Cruising into Mischief? I think it is a nice nod to the trouble he almost came across :eek: and means you could call him Chief, which I love :D

Irishlife

Visit site
You won't have to put a name on his passport until he is two but I do have a name for a Cruising but have not had a chance to use it.

It was

Ports of Call

also

Starboard Cruise (star?)
Cruising Safe Harbour (cos he is safe now)
Star Pilot Cruise
Cruise Envoy (another version of Cruisings Ambassador)
McCruisy (bit Grey's Anatomy - lol) McDreamy, McSteamy and McCruisy
Irish Cruise

OK hope you like them

Flash_28

Visit site
Thank you Irishlife! :D

I shall leave ‘Ports Of Call’ just in case you need it in future :p I do really like ‘Cruising safe Harbour’ and ‘Cruise Envoy’. They are also going on the ever growing list! Unfortunately I don’t watch Grey’s Anatomy so the joke is a bit wasted on me :( Sorry!

Plus thank you for your advice on registering him with a name. I think I’m just a tad too excited at the moment. He was due to be picked up yesterday but the owner couldn’t be there to load him so he may be getting picked up this weekend.

Irishlife

Visit site
Cruising is not a "registered" prefix in the Irish Horse register, therefore it is allowable for naming, hence the millions of "Clover" this and that from Clover Hill.

Flash_28

Visit site
Thank you for your advice Inky_And_Sunny. Although I have no idea where Cruisings Ambassador is at stud.

LynneB I am still waiting for him to turn up. He was supposed to be picked up yesterday but the current owner couldn't be there to load him. I am hoping he will be picked up this weekend and be in the UK early next week. I have seen photos but they are from his current owner and don't think it would be right to post them on here. Will get some on when he comes home though.

Last edited: