Nasty fall and bog incident

Ravenwood

Visit site
Went cubbing yesterday with daughter who is just 10 yrs but rides 15.1hh overgrown pony. On route met up with friend who wanted me to babysit her as she was riding scatty mare. Set off from meet and daughter goes to front while friend and I stay out to back and side of field. Riding across the moor away from the meet suddenly I hear screaming and see pony standing there but obscuring view of fallen daughter. I push my horse into gallop shouting at rest of field to get out of my way, but couldn't get to my daughter because I couldn't pick my way across the bog, tried three times but failed so leapt off horse and threw reins to lady master in waiting and ran across to her. Fortunately a very child friendly regular follower had got to her before me and taken off her body protector and hat and all I could see was gallons of blood coming from her mouth. Screaming stopped to pitful crying and spluttering of blood, unfortunately neither of us had a tissue or hanky to clean area and see damage. I could see the quad bike followers nearby but not husbands truck so other lady lead daughter and pony towards quad bikes but hit a bad bit of bog and pony went down. I managed to get pony out and back to my horse and led them back to truck as husband in the meantime had eventually realised it was his own daughter's pony who was standing there riderless.

Apparently the pony had stumbled and daughter fell off forward over her neck and as pony got up she kicked daughter in the face. She has lost a tooth (luckily a baby tooth that was slightly wobbly anyway) and cut the inside of her lip hence all the blood. She decided to decline carrying on hunting but would stay and in the truck and asked daddy to take her home! She has suffered a rather painful jaw ache but luckily nothing worse.

I offered the ride of the pony to another young boy who is a friend of ours but looking at my daughters face covered in blood decided against it!

So the moral of the story is always take a hanky out hunting and keep away from the bogs!

Weezy

Visit site
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

My 6 year old DESPERATELY wants to come out hunting - luckily I am keeping his riding on a go slow and have said until he can canter unaided he cant come - at this rate that will be when he is 25!

meandmyself

Visit site
Yikes!! Glad she and pony are okay.
smile.gif

hairycob

Visit site
Hmm - perhaps she can compare notes with my son who is disgusted that I bruise really easily, but he gets the teeniest bruise from a really nasty fall. Do they not realise how horrid it is to be a parent & see your child hirt.