nasty pony...

buckybee

Visit site
Didn't really know where to post this but here goes..

My horse Badger is a real sweetie but when he's with his best buds Caffrey and/or Cheers he can have a very bad attitude toward other horses and more so ponys. He does this when he's out in the field, hacking and hunting. He's never kicked out, not even when turned out, but hunting he really tries to bite and pulls evil faces my mates' horses and it's not very friendly at all!

Has anyone else has a prob like this?? I don't carry a whip ( i realise thats probably wrong), and to me it's quite comical but i'd like to make him a bit more socialable! Any idea's on how to make him a bit friendlier??

ladylisa

Visit site
dont think its possible.
well its not with my sister horse he is so nasty to my mare but when she's not there he shouts for her!
and last year i had a section a in the field with him and my sisters horse attacked him that often that he distroyed 5 of my ponys rugs through winter!

buckybee

Visit site
Well I wouldn't mind if i thought he had MOMS (misserable old man sindrom - proven illness IMO!!) but he's only 7!! Will continue on giving a telling off and slap round the neck...

hollyzippo

Visit site
I know several horses that HATE ponies! Fine with other big neddies but cant stand ponies! Whether its cos ponies have a sort of "small man syndrome" and need putting in their place?!

Jools loves them as never seen any until I go him, he thinks they are little toys and just stares! Very embarassing when out!
blush.gif

ladylisa

Visit site
lol....my sisters horse is 6 so he cant have MOMS neither. And he is the same with big horses even if they are bigger than him.
I think that the problem lies with him always getting away with being a bully while he was a youngster, they must have all been to scared to fight back against him! So he dont know any better.