nasty shock!

lizzieuk1

Visit site
went down to yard this morning to find the v large ash tree in my field had completely fallen down, think it must have been struck by lightning yesterday! am shuddering thinking what might have happened had the ponies been in the field during the storms as they usually shelter under said tree, luckily they are v pampered and were all inside at the time, must have been a heck of a crash when it went though. Henry not too bothered this morning when i put him out - fenced tree off first since he's v likely to try and get himself stuck in it!- he's quite enjoyed eating the leaves on the ground! makes you think though, lets hope it doesn't strike twice in the same place like they say :0

pottamus

Visit site
Crikey! You never think it will happen to you though do you? I was out last night at a Riding Club AGM and was watching all the flashes and worrying about my boy in his stable. I had visions of him getting really stressed and box walking...so went to check on him when I got home at 10 pm. He was curled up snoring in his stable and could not even be bothered to get up to say hello!!! There was no signs of him having been stressed so all was well...just me worrying over nothing!