National Identity

best veteran

• Total voters

muffinino

Visit site
(Waves hands for attention) You forgot to put Welsh. (Resisting urge to rant over hurt sense of national pride!)
ooo.gif

I'll vote Cymraes and try to forgive the mistake
wink.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I put British (being of Scottish and English blood), but actually I am very fickle and "home is where I lay my hat", I've spent the last 9 years in Wales and felt at home there.
Now I'm here,and as the Immigration Officer said "Welcome to Canada, you are now British Canadians"

UKa

community.webshots.com
I never really had a "national" identity until I moved abroad (to the UK in my case) ... always saw myself as person from my city (so regional identity) or, if anything, European ...

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
We have this conversation at work a lot because I design council surveys and we often get complaints from people who do not want to state their ethnicity but would prefer to state their national identity.

I put English but really I would say for me, MY national identity is South West English. I feel a really strong affinity for this area (even though I wasn't born here). Also I alway feel that there is a massive difference between the South West and, say, London and personally I feel much closer affinity with the South West.

JMHO - to each their own!

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
(Waves hands for attention) You forgot to put Welsh. (Resisting urge to rant over hurt sense of national pride!)
ooo.gif

I'll vote Cymraes and try to forgive the mistake
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats my sociology teacher!!! I copied it off the sheet she gave us!