native veterans....

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
what the hell do I wear? I'm entered on a 13.2hh 24 yo stallion. Okay, i know it's hacking jacket etc, but long boots or short? He's new forest so termed as a large breed. If short boots, do I wear brown ones or black? if it's brown do i wear a brown velvet hat? or are brown hats 'out' now?
What will I be expected to do?
help!!!

mandy4727

Visit site
Visit theshowring website. There are some great ideas in there and people are very helpful. As they are here too. They usually say if horse has light legs wear dark trousers or horse has dark legs wear light trousers. Think you would be looking at a navy hat, tweed jacket, or smart waistcoat, lightish trousers ie biege in colour and boots that you are able to run in. Don' t forget your gloves and a nice in hand bridle. But have a look on showring they will help you.

cobweb

Visit site
I take it from your thread that your doing the ridden, rather than in-hand? If so you should be in jods with long black boots, tweed and preferably a blue hat, but don't worry if you don't have one and are using a skull cap with cover, you can use brown, black or blue covers, although blue is more preferable. If you are doing Veteran Horse Society classes you are not allowed to wear earrings or gallop. Horse should be shown as an Native, ie: not trimmed.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
yes, it's ridden. Thanks for that. Are black jod boots acceptable? I am doing VHS next year so would get long boots for then.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
it's ridden M&M, I've got my outfit for inhand as that's what i do already. Welham Stud is in leicestershire, nr market harborough, breeding New Forest Ponies.