naughty pony

gally

Visit site
i have a 13.2hh 5y New Foest gelding, at the moment he is being really difficult with his rugs, i put one on sunday cause he was wet and cold and hey presto less than 24 hours it was in 100 pieces around the field. I am a bit cautious to put another rug on him (and i do feel a bit mean about this) as he will just do this time and time again. He is unclipped and very hairy. i am thinking about getting a canvas rug but i suspect he will have a party with his mates wrecking this one as well

Any suggestions?

siennamum

Visit site
Unless you are planning on clipping him then he doesn't neccessarily need a rug. Leave him without and save yourself the expense
grin.gif

ArleyMoss

www.arleyridingschool.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are planning on clipping him then he doesn't neccessarily need a rug. Leave him without and save yourself the expense
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So long as he's nopt under weight that is!

riotgirl

Visit site
Echo what siennamum says. My Welshie is unclipped and unrugged and is as warm as toast. As long as they have somewhere to shleter if it rains I think they do ok.

gally

Visit site
that is what im thinking just didn't want to feel like the wicked witch of the west. Might just chuck a cooler on to dry him out when he is to be ridden

He is a typical native pony, round!!! He is a gelding that looks like he is in foal!!!
laugh.gif