Nauseating

{97702}

Visit site
My ponies and I have an Annieversary and a Mousiversary.
What do you all think about people who say they have got their dog / cat a "brother" or "sister"?

For my lot that would be about right - my sister and I hated each other as kids and aren’t much better now, my dogs never are that fond of each other 😂

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
We don't celebrate the dogs birthdays, or give them presents at Christmas. We do, however, both receive presents from the dogs and horses, they save their pocket money up all year for us. The dogs are sisters, despite being totally different breeds, although the horses aren't brothers.

I really hate "ponio" although don't have a problem with people referring to their 17.2 hunters as ponies. Just not ponio ewwwwwwww.

The Trooper

Visit site
I really hate "ponio" although don't have a problem with people referring to their 17.2 hunters as ponies. Just not ponio ewwwwwwww.

18hh Shire's? lol

It's such a case of each to their own i guess! But Pupper and Ponio are used regularly by myself and my partner, although I've never heard anyone else use Ponio before...?

paisley

Visit site
Out of interest (if this thread isnt dead and buried ;)), whats the favourite insult you reserve for all you little darlings?
I seem to go with 'you absolute turd' as standard or 'gobshite eejit' for the really spectacular days

CrazyMare

Visit site
My greyhounds get called my mums grandfurbabies.... 😂

She started it out of protest when the mother of an old school friend of mine kept asking her about grandchildren and how she needed to make me give them to her. She responded by saying she had them, and pointing at my greyhounds. It's stuck now 🤣

They get birthday and Christmas presents too. Last birthday was new pretty collars and a fluffy squeaky toy. My mum makes stockings for all of the dogs, two terriers and two greyhounds.

We are probably crazy, but we are generally pretty happy!!

{97702}

Visit site
Out of interest (if this thread isnt dead and buried ;)), whats the favourite insult you reserve for all you little darlings?
I seem to go with 'you absolute turd' as standard or 'gobshite eejit' for the really spectacular days

I’ve been trying to think about this! There doesn’t seem to be a general insult.... but there is no way they are that good 😄...... Millie gets called
Rat Fink as a derogatory name, I suppose with the others it’s ‘you little s**t’ as and when required.....😊😊

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Scum puppies is frequent, as is 'that thing', mostly in reference to Zak, who's also referred to as the naughtiest dog in the whole street. It's a short street with 2 other dogs in it.🤣

skinnydipper

Visit site
I remembered this thread today when somebody sent me a message and referred to my large mastiff X as my "baby girl". I can think of lots of names for her - "my baby girl" would not be one of them:D

When somebody is writing something as if written by a dog, why do they refer to people as "hoomans"? I like to give dogs more credit - I am sure they can spell better than that ;)

palo1

Visit site
These are tricky waters to navigate...I am absolutely a dog lover (and horse lover) and my OH is a very straightforward farmer's son who believes, really that dogs should have a 'proper' job and live outside. He is very happy with our fell-hound (who has never done a proper days work in her life) as she is a 'working' sort of dog. He has also been very, very nice about me wanting a companion dog (terrier) from puppyhood. Both dogs sleep in the utility room at night and when we are out and are in the main part of the house when we are home. No upstairs but allowed on the sofa when there is room. It's a happy arrangement: I take responsibility for the dogs but OH is happy to play with them and make a fuss of them. He has also, thankfully, on one notable occasion forked out a fortune for a traumatic vet's bill. The equilibrium in our relationship would utterly die if I uttered some of the terms that are in common usage (fur baby etc) or implied that they may like a fb page complete with poor spelling, revelations about their home life, produced special birthday cakes or god forbid dressed them up. (Both dogs would probably eat said clothing anyway). OH would be beyond bewildered by some of these things, of which he is happily unaware. Rainbow Bridge is a cringy term for me but it conveys the enormously comforting sense that all the joy and character of our pets is not actually gone forever. When I muse on death I very much take comfort in the idea that my much loved horses and dogs will be part of whatever is after this life.

I laugh like thing not right though sometimes when seeing those kind of fb posts where people have utterly infantilised their pets (often, sadly a Frenchie/Pug/doodle doo type). That actually brings me light relief and some actual comedic pleasure.

deb_l222

Visit site

Just this morning alone Willow has been called 'pillock' and 'bloody nuisance' and 'oh my god, what have you got going on between your ears, anything useful?'. She's now fast asleep, which is fabulous :)

Reserved for Button - 'how do you manage to ALWAYS trample all over my feet?'

Reserved for Rufus - 'awwwwww, it's a good job you're a good boy'

SpottyMare

Visit site
Mine are known as both the chuckle brothers or dumb and dumber :D Otherwise it's you two. I can't remember the days I got them, only the approximate months and one's birthday has only got filed in my brain as it's christmas day. I'm mean. However, when I go to work they get left in the living room lying on the sofas and with the TV on...

Apart from all the aforementioned terms, the guide dog advert that says you'll get 'regular pupdates' also makes me irrationally irritated