Navicular syndrome - Excellent video

npage123

Visit site
I thought this was an excellent video.

Posted on youtube by Jean Luc Cornille, Science of Motion

"This brief manipulation demonstrates the kinematics abnormalities causing the development of navicular syndrome. The kinematics abnormalities can be corrected allowing the remodeling process to restore soundness."

****WARNING**** CONTAINS CROSS-SECTION OF FRONT LOWER LEG OF HORSE ***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_3qUJdsVQs&list=PLHSP5fw1h0wcQrnWU5w_L51tqzvLjK-cK&index=10

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's an interesting video but it makes no reference to a toe first landing. It also focuses on the navicular bone, when the vast majority of horses with navicular syndrome have lameness which is nothing much to do with the navicular bone and everything to do with damage to the ddft, collateral ligaments and/or impar ligament. It refers to getting the horse to move properly as a cure, but makes no reference to the fact that restoring the health of the back of the foot will cure most cases of navicular syndrome and also restores a correct footfall. If people want to learn more about how horses with navicular syndrome move before and after rehab, there's a lot of interesting video and photos on rockleyfarm.blogspot.com

I find the focus on fluid squeezing out of the joint pretty pointless. If you cut a leg vertically down the middle, fluid is going to squeeze out of the joints. It says nothing about what the joint will do if it's a closed system like it should be.

Does anyone know how he actually rehabs these horses? Shoeing, etc?

npage123

Visit site
No worries, didn't expect everyone to like or even watch it.

I've never had an opportunity to see the workings of the different structures of the lower leg being manipulated like that, so to me personally it was great to see. (RIP horse who donated your body parts to science.)

Re the fluid squeezing out of the joint - he said the leg was washed so i think this part was just to make what he wanted to show us a more clear - I think it was purely to illustrate that with certain incorrect kinetic movement, excessive pressure on the navicular joint consequently also cause pressure on the DDFT

npage123

Visit site
Sorry I couldn't find much on him treating navicular or how he has horses shod, but here is a small video which is on navicular. Bear in mind I've only just discovered Jean Luc Cornille so as much as I want to give everyone answers to their questions or accusations, I simply can't.

Navicular an excerpt from a DVD from Science Of Motion-Jean Luc Cornille

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO9goLXhhjE

Thanks for the link to Rockley Farm.

(Edited to add: he did make it clear in the video or the cross-section of the leg that the kinematic abnormality was the same for all 27 horses but the cause was different)

Last edited: