NAVP anyone? Physios and Vet nurses? Anyone?!

Wildspirit

Visit site
Okay, so heres how it goes:-
I originally wanted to be an animal phsyio, i then decided against it for various reasons, one in particular was because of having to do the human course, i know why its good to do it and all but yeah, so then i decided it just wasnt going to happen for me, i then thought about animal science and stuff, i then was directed (by a member of one of these forums, sorry i cant remember who you were!!!) to the National Assosication of Vet Physios (NAVP)which looked good to me but i was concerned id lose a lot of business and vets wouldnt take me on and stuff if i wasnt ACPAT, i know H&H has actually produced an article saying not to use non ACPAT physios.

So i thought maybe vet nursing. I dont know.

So i emailed ACPAT and said what about this, is it a good idea, what can i do about not doing human? I also emailed NAVP and asked about their course. I finally got a reply from both tonight, NAVP said that it was a relatively new course but good etc send us an envelope we'll send you more information. Okay doing that.

ACPAT said our course is good but you have to be human qualificed first and loads of people recognise our course, but we cant comment on its relation to other courses etc, why not see if you can get in touch with other people, a lot of people have non ACPAT qualifications and call themselves physio with any theraphy qualification,generally they're not, this does make ACPAT better.

Okay, so now, im sending the envelope to NAVP to see what they have to offer and im kicking myself for not doing human physio.

So anyone here NAVP by any chance? Heard anything about NAVP? Anyone a physio, are you ACPAT? How likely am i to get turned down work etc? Agh this is so mad! Should i just forget it and go only nursing? Anyone a vet nurse i can ask what its like to do vet nursing etc?

I will also post this in NAGS etc, and will post about what qualification physios people use in the new lounge. While im here, would you use a non ACPAT physio, and what qualification would they be if NOT ACPAT!?

Sorry to ask so much, im so confuzzled right now and i really want to get myself sorted! I would really appreciate any help/ answers you can give and anyone out there i can ask about their current careers.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My horse has had treatment from both a Physio and an Equine Sport Massage Therapist. Would have to recheck their quals. but know that both qualified to work on humans, before going on to train to work with horses. Having looked into it, I would use anyone that wasn't human trained. This is purely because the other courses I have seen are so short (months as apposed to years), so can't see how there depth of knowledge would be as great.