Near miss on road today

Happytohack

Visit site
Just coming back from a really good hack this morning when we spot a tractor coming round the corner towards us. Friend who is riding with me says "oh no it is that b**t**d who hates horses". Luckily we were next to a pavement, so managed to get horses onto the pavement when farmer drives tractor on our side of the road towards us and swerves away at the last minute, the front forks were down as well. Thank god for good horses, but I dread to think what could have happened. if one of them had been a bit jittery. Friend has reported him to police before but this has just made him worse. Apparently his daughter used to keep horses and he was done for cruelty. I still feel shaken up by it now.

piaffe

Visit site
What a wank3r!
mad.gif
I'd report him to the police again. its because of tossers, like him, that i do not hack out.
frown.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Keep reporting him to the police, they will get fed up of him and do something more concrete if they get a lot of complaints. He is guilty of driving without due care or even of dangerous driving. We met an idiot yesterday who was speeding, I signalled for him to slow down and he came back to tell me he was doing the speed limit, 30 miles an hour! In the village past two horses!

gailt

Visit site
Definately report him, you never know he might do it again to someone whos horse isnt as safe as yours and youd feel so guilty for doing nothing if an accident happend..

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Ok ok, well not all farmers are like this - my OH is one and he and his fellow farmers in the village are all fine. What I would suggest without a doubr is contact the nfu about him - because he is almost certain to be insured by them - and they wouldn't apprectiate him behaving in this manner. Also report him to the police. Any ideas what they farm?

hellyt1

Visit site
A*se! why do people see the need?
mad.gif
Surely someone like him must know how unpredictable horses are and even if he doesn't care about the horses how can he even think about doing something that would put you in danger???????
Report him again. you must be so mad! thank goodness you were all ok

Happytohack

Visit site
Will do as Peter N. advises. Also the idea about contacting the NFU is an excellent one. He has cattle and I have an idea he is a tenant farmer on a large estate near here. He is the sort that give farmers a bad name (I live on a farm myself) - most of the farmers round here are excellent and some have diversified into horses.

Accy

Visit site
Report him, and keep reporting him.

There is no need for him to behave like that and one day he maywell cause a terrible accident, immature p**ck.

Glad your ok though