Neds Show Report!

Shantara

Visit site
Wheehoo!

I did it! I didn't want post on here, in case I bottled out, but I did it!

Ned was really good to groom and plait, but because a few horses left the yard, he got really stroppy when I was tacking up and was rearing :\ we got there in the end though! A lovely lady at the yard asked to come with me, and I said of course! I would have been hacking over alone other wise and it was great to have the company.

We set off as a 3, one lady branched off at the weir and M and I carried on. He was a bit of a pig to get back on after the weir, but he relented eventually. Had a small spook as some horses in a field galloped around, but both horses were very well behaved.
We reached the show ground and wandered up to the ring. Ned was clearly upset, so I got off and lead him around, while Mum (who'd driven there with the Pup) entered me into the classes.
He was awful! Just like he used to be :( I could feel my confidence slipping away. I honestly wanted to tell Mum not to bother and I would just watch M do her thing. But, I stuck to it and he eventually calmed, after about 20mins of silliness. I hopped back on with a little help and went over to the clear round to warm up. I never use the warm up fences for Ned, he goes back to his old ways of tanking off around corners, so I'd rather pay a few quid in the clear round and have a nice warm up!
He was a star :) they were only little, but he actually went quite smoothly!

Pleased with my two little clear rounds, I went over to the main ring to do a 60cm course. It was a nerve wracking wait. When it was our turn, he tried to refuse but a little growl and a nudge from me and he was off! I could feel my legs going like jelly, I felt so sick! But Neddy kept me safe! He flew over everything! He was so lovely and smooth around the whole course :D
We made it to the jump off, but sadly he wasn't quite quick enough, so we weren't placed in the top 6, but there were about 20 people in the class!

There was a little wait until the next class, 70cm, but it was nice seeing a few old friends, especially one who's been on a similar journey to me and Ned with her horse :) She didn't go clear, but it was obvious how much she'd worked with her mare and how far they'd come!

I was a little more confident going into the 70cm, but the jumps looked massive! I'm used to sticking with 60cm classes! 10cm seems to make a lot of difference.
He flew over all the jumps!! He took the long stride each time, but it was lovely! He really got into a good rhythm, even if it meant we both had to work a little harder :)
Sadly he had jump 2 down, he only tapped it and it rolled. Though I was so proud of us both!

We didn't get any rosettes, but I got confidence, which I think is worth so much more!
Hopefully some photos to follow :D

Jericho

Visit site
Well done! I agree a positive outcome is way more important than a rosette and Ned jumped everything you asked off him first time ( I never see a pole down as a big thing as mostly its rider error, and refusals I think can be a little naughty at this height!)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
sound like a great show for you, must have really improved your confidence, well done and remember we do this for enjoyment and not torture(mind you I know all about jelly legs) ....you will enjoy the next one even more!!!!

Shantara

Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm still smiling :D A couple of pictures, hopefully I'll be able to buy a few pro ones!

13239987_10154207237627888_658385197807763097_n.jpg

13230159_10154207233442888_3938669873033722865_n.jpg

Clodagh

Visit site
Well done you! Fantastic. How far you have come with him, at the risk of sounding old - but I am fairly - you are an inspirational young person to battle on with difficulties and not expect it all to be perfect.

Annagain

Visit site
Well done. The next one will be easier again. He'll settle that much more quickly if he gets stressed at all. Onwards and upwards!

Embo

Visit site
Fantastic, well done! An especially good result after a shaky start (I know all about those!), you should be so pleased.

Shantara

Visit site
Thank you so much everyone! After a day like I've had (I'll post in clubhouse) these positive comments have been amazing to come home to :D and of course a cuddle from the Nedly!