Need a hug

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Just had my horse vetted and I don't think he's passed. He was fine on everything up until the flexion test and then the trotting on a tight circle on hardstanding (which is v. stoney) He trotted a few lame steps on the near fore and off hind then was sound and took a few odd steps on th right rein on the hard. So we proceeded to riding and he went well, no lameness just typical thoroughbredness. Everything was fine but on final trot up the vet then proceeded to go through the whole flexion test thing again and trotting on the hard surface which he was better at this time. Then they left and no one had said a thing. The vet was very complimentary for the work I'd on him. Just waiting to hear from the people that wanted to buy him. They did love him and for what they want to do I think he'd be ok, just a bit weak. but then thats why you vet. Atleast he passed on all the bits I was confident about. Just gutted it wasn't 100% either way.
Am in limbo now, ex-boyfriend is being a prick and I need to sell this horse to pay him off but then thats life have three horses I need to sell, put one on loan but can't do that with the TBs as need some money, they are now advertised v. cheaply. Need a hug. sorry for long post
crazy.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Thats the second forum horse thats failed a vetting because of flexion tests! bloody tests
mad.gif

*Massive hugs* to you, how horribly frustrating this must be
frown.gif

kildalton

Visit site
Ria, I'm so sorry. My horse failed a flexion test,(with Liphook) and passed a week later with another well known equine vet. The tests are rubbish IMHO. Sorry to hear about your OH being a to**er.
Love and Hugs, Lucie (Kand C's mum)

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
(((huuuuugs))) neil is being a complete prat!!!he really is hes just a nasty piece of work ria! And, well you know my views on flexion tests! Cant believe it took 3hours and they did 8flexion tests!! Espesh seeing as the vet said his health and fitness was so perfect!!

briardy

Visit site
sorry you re having such a tough time at the moment !....if its any consolation if i really liked a horse and it did the job if all he failed on was the flexion test i d go ahead & buy him regardless ....or if i had doubts have suspect leg scanned...i sold a dressage pony who failed his flexion test as he was quite alot of money ,purchasers had all 4 legs x- rayed all were clear !?! so in my opinion flexion tests are a load of crap!!.....hope things start looking up for you soon! x

Peanot

Visit site
I hate flexion tests too. I know a few horses that have failed with these and the horses have never had a problem either before or after!
I have been told even by a vet, that it is just like us bending a limb or joint to its extreme and then walking or running straight. Some would even get a touch of cramp!
Most of us wouldn`t be able to do it unless we were very supple. I have read about vets opinions on the tests and there is a lot that don`t agree with them.

Parkranger

Visit site
I was under the impression that as the owner you get a copy of the results or atleast an indication of what is wrong with the horse (if anything).

As a potential owner, I wouldn't worry about a few steps lame....especially if he was ok on the ridden work and then ok afterwards on the second flexion.....