Need Hairy volunteer to clip within 20 miles of Cheltenham

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
I am starting to sell clippers and trimmers (Liveryman)

Although all of their clippers I've tested so far have been well up to the job description, I WON'T carry anything I have not tested (or seen working) myself.

I have now in my posession about half a dozen different types of mains and battery clippers to test, and I want to get some pics for my website for the coming season.

I am offering to :-

A) clip your horse/pony (well my daughter Alex will) or do it yourself if you prefer.
B) put a single stencil design of your choice on it if you want one (within reason)

I need a volunteer who:-

1) is happy to have this done in the next week and whos horse is hairy enough already for a proper test of them (weekend is better for me)
2) is either within 20 miles of Cheltenham and have access to mains power, or able to box your horse to our yard in Cheltenham.
3) is happy to have enough of the horse clipped to assess the clippers - either full, trace, hunter etc, etc type clip.
4) has a horse/pony who is happy to stand and be clipped with mains clippers without too much drama (V-IMPORTANT)

Ta

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
Good point !

For TBs it is too early, but some with heavier breeds do clip through the summer. We did with Jessie as she is a cob type and doesn't cope well with the heat when in competition and it makes a big difference to her.

This is intended for anyone who was going to do so in any case and i'd not suggest it for any other case !

flyingfeet

Visit site
I've got one hairy enough for you

You saw Paladin yesterday who lives in three rugs at the moment (sweet itch), so his coat is too fine for clipping yet, but my other horse is much hairier and a real sweetie.

However I am 4 miles the wrong side of Northleach, so 19 miles from the centre of Cheltenham!

spaniel

Visit site
Am due to clip the old chap this weekend but think I may be too far away from you or you would have been very welcome to his hairy body!

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
How did you do in the end yesterday at Burnt Ash CotswoldSJ ?

My OH was hopping mad over the kid who won that novice class which you and Alex (on Ebony) entered in (well done BTW)
He put the same pony into the the 2'6" open class and it got a 2nd place to Jessie in there. It was no novice jumper.

We stopped putting Jessie into the novice classes last year when she was winning everytime she went out, as its just not fair on the other riders.

My mum and dad lived in Northleach for about 10 years, they moved back to Cheltenham about 5 years ago, sot its not that difficult to get there, I'm just not keen on a 100 mile round trip if I can avoid it.

PM me with what design you want done anyway.

flyingfeet

Visit site
We got 6th, which I was chuffed with - as the first ever class he has competed in!

We had a sticky moment at the last and nearly got stuck over it, fortunately it was small enough for him to cat leap!

Agreed the winner didn't exactly look novice, most shows ban riders from competeing in open & novice classes on the same horse.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
Aw thanks for the offer Spaniel, Its a shame you are so far away.

I've got the radial bladed Mavericks which will run off a battery or mains, the mains 110 watt Apollos, 200 watt Arena, and the 250 watt Broncos to play with. I've already tested the apollos, but it would be good to see them all side by side as a direct comparison.

lizzieuk1

Visit site
sorry my boys not ready yet for the clippers, alos have no idea how he'll be as was already clipped when i got him in may!
would be interested in the results though, and if you need one to clip later in the year i'm sure we'd be ready then!

Ginn

Visit site
Can't help this year as Tilly doesn't need to be clipped yet but you're welcome to her sexy hairy bum for future years!