Need help or advice please

Basset

Visit site
Today i had some very sad news that a friend has died. She had two horses, one we can sell (the money will then go to her kids) but the other can only be used for hacking or companion. He would be free to a good home but where is best to advertise as it has to be a good home and not go to some dealer or meat man.
He is around 15.3 not sure of breed but he is solid, if anyone is interested let me know or pm me and i will get more details. Any ideas would be great.

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
That is really bad news. It might be an idea to put her in a rest home or donate her to the ilph or something like that. They have good facilities and are very carefull who if ever they are rehomed. Takes a bit of worry from you that way.
My sympathy to the family.
best regards
Dawn

brightmount

Visit site
You need to be careful giving a horse away, for obvious reasons it can attract interest from people who may not be right for the horse.

Although Redwings wouldn't take the horse, they do have a network of contacts and could put you in touch with someone, and offer advice and support, so I would suggest you might contact them.

http://www.redwings.org.uk/

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear of this, how tragic, her poor family, be wary as mentioned as there are some con artists out there who will happily take the horse and not look after it in the way it should be, all the best with finding a home

scrat

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear this tragic news. Would it be possible for you to take ownership and loan the companion horse? I don't know the circumstances, but that way you could draw up a contract and retain control. I know this may not be what her family want and it's very early days. We have a horse on permanant loan and the owner decided to do this rather than just give him to us so that should circumstances change he can always go back to her. Other than that I would approach one of the horse charities as they would be able to rehome and again retain ownership. Best wishes at this sad time.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That's such sad news; condolences to her family and friends.

Have you thought about Riding for The Disabled for the older horse, he might just be what they are looking for if he is a safe as houses type? Good luck in placing him.