Need Saddle Fitter - in Gloucestershire area

HappyNeds

Visit site
Any recommendations please for a saddle fitter in Gloucestershire area.

We don't want someone that will automatically say our saddles don't fit so they can sell us a new one!

Thank you :D

Cheiro1

Visit site
Laurence Pearman. He used to be Stroud Saddlery but I believe they are now cirencester Saddlery.

Would NOT use any of their other fitters though :)

Kokopelli

Visit site
Agree with cheiro, watch out for someone who does those saddle company saddles. I really don't rate her and again it was very much "oh that saddle definitely doesn't fit you need one of mine"

McNally

Visit site
Ive got someone recommended to me by several people through Face book recently as usual saddler just never called me back.
Her name is Bridget but i cant remember her surname. Have spoken to her on the phone and she sounds really lovely- coming tomorrow at 2pm so will let you know what i think if you like and pass on her number.

HappyNeds

Visit site
Thanks for the advise, and thanks Kokopelli as who not to use is very useful! Sounds exaclty what we want to avoid. We've had no problems that we know of with our horses saddle fit, and just want professional confirmation that they are a good fit, or if not and we need to buy a new one then that's fine but I'd like to know it was really needed rather than just someone selling us something.

Ive got someone recommended to me by several people through Face book recently as usual saddler just never called me back.
Her name is Bridget but i cant remember her surname. Have spoken to her on the phone and she sounds really lovely- coming tomorrow at 2pm so will let you know what i think if you like and pass on her number.

Hi McNally, if you could let me know how you get on tomorrow please, that would be brilliant.

Ashtree

www.reesrussell.co.uk
Thanks for the advise, and thanks Kokopelli as who not to use is very useful! Sounds exaclty what we want to avoid. We've had no problems that we know of with our horses saddle fit, and just want professional confirmation that they are a good fit, or if not and we need to buy a new one then that's fine but I'd like to know it was really needed rather than just someone selling us something.

Hi McNally, if you could let me know how you get on tomorrow please, that would be brilliant.

I suspect the Bridget you are talking about is the fitter who used to be an agent for Sue Carson but is now independent and we have bought several saddles off her over the past couple of years and is coming to fit another one for us on Sunday. Try 07967304110

http://www.chatcombesaddlery.co.uk/contact/contact.html

Last edited:

porkpie

Visit site
Rob Jenkins from Malvern Saddlery - he came down to my old yard in cheltenham and was very good. Heard other people have good reports too.

Cedars

Visit site
Lindsey at Cotswold Saddlery - but you'll be about to get a scary PM from a scary lady on here with a grudge!!!!

Happy to talk bout Lindsey in more detail by pm :)