Need to bath 2yr old-tips?!

Pc2003

Visit site
My 2 yr old seems to have ring worm or some sort of fungal thing going on. He really needs a bath with some anti fungal shampoo. Thing is it’s really cold here at the moment.
He isn’t rugged and lives out.
Does he need to be lathered head to toe? I’m worried I won’t get it all out.. don’t want to cold hose him. Could use warm buckets but will take forever and not sure if he has the patience!
He ties up well enough and knows the basics. Could I get away with a hot cloth type of wipe down?!

TheMule

Visit site
Have you got water containers? If so, fill them up at home in the bath with hot, they'll stay warm for a while. Don't totally saturate him but he will need a good thorough scrub. Have a thermatex ready or thatch him with straw under a fleece or similar.
To be totally honest, it won't kill him to wait a few days if there is the prospect of some sunshine near you?

Pc2003

Visit site
Have you got water containers? If so, fill them up at home in the bath with hot, they'll stay warm for a while. Don't totally saturate him but he will need a good thorough scrub. Have a thermatex ready or thatch him with straw under a fleece or similar.
To be totally honest, it won't kill him to wait a few days if there is the prospect of some sunshine near you?

I have a couple somewhere yes so that’s a good idea. I need to do his stable first so by the time that’s done it will be next week which looks a bit warmer. I haven’t tried a rug on him yet and don’t actually have one for him (🙈) but have various blankets etc. Have looked for a spray type thing but looks like it’s shampoo only if you want to do it properly

tda

Visit site
I wonder if a really good hot clothing, with essential oils added (you'd have to take advice as to what) would be a good start til the weather warms up

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I do my boy with warm water and a sponge. I soap him with fairy liquid then rinse with the sponge and warm water then scrape off. I do his legs and tail with the hose but he’s been getting used to that for months now.

Good haynet or haylege net or a lick for distraction works well.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
When mine had ringworm I got Fulcin (Griseofulvin) from the vet to put in the feed. Worked great, do they still prescribe it? No bathing required.