Need to dye my horse pink - help!

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Not quite as silly as it seems - I am taking part in a Ride for Life this weekend to raise money for cancer research, and thought it would be fun to use a bit of pink dye on my horse ie big pink 'ribbon' logo on either side of his rump - but I need to be sure that it will wash off! Any ideas?! And any pics of anyone who's already done this would be good!

Brandy

Visit site
T-shirt paint?

Or you can get those aerosol (if your horse lets you.....) hair colours that wash out but are quite vibrant?

jodie3

Visit site
I once dyed a grey pony green so she could be a Ninja Turtle for my son in a fancy dress competition and I used green food colouring. Worked well but never seemed to completely dry so there was a lot of transference to clothes etc. Washed out quite easily too with a couple of baths.

It was a long time ago but I seem to remember I didn't actually need that much as food dye is so concentrated.

Sparkles

Visit site
The £1.50 neon hair spray in New Look works wonders...we used it on the cob for the fun ride last month :)

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
If its a grey/light coloured, how about beetroot juice? (either liquidise, or you could just try cutting one in half and drawing on required shape) ... I'm not sure how well it'll stay on, but should be easy to wash off!

HumBugsey

Visit site
We painted a horse as a dragon with poster paints.... worked better than you'd think and brushed out because he was clipped. Also turned them into ghosts with chalk. You can get pink chalk too.