Need your advice please....

WallisM

Visit site
Hi everyone !
laugh.gif

Well I was all prepared to clip my lad out on Saturday, He was all nice and clean, I had made marks with tape on where I wanted him clipped ( chaser clip with neck all off ) twitched him up as that's what I used last year with no probs, Started on his neck he was ok for 5mins then he started. He was real scared and I couldn't continue without getting hurt. So I went to my vets and bought some Sedazine Oralject paste £18. I sedated him on Sunday at 10.30 as it can take up to 6hours to kick in, I waited 3 and he seemed a little dozy so started clipping, I also put a twitch on. He was ok got a bit more done and then he was starting to rear
shocked.gif
so again I stopped.
Now my horse is a walking patchwork quilt, it looks dreaful !
mad.gif
What should I do ????
confused.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
Have you checked your clippers are sharp as he seems to be okay for a few mins and then goes spazzy!!!

Could be they are blunt and pulling the hairs Ouch!!

I had my horse sedated by the vet last week for shock wave therapy and clipped him at the same time....... he was fine till we got to his throat and suddenly WOKE UP big time.... still he has a few more therapys to go so will look smart eventually!!!

I would check the clippers though, especially if he isnt usually this naughty

:)

WallisM

Visit site
Well this is the second time I have used them as I bought them brand new so can't imagine they would be blunt when he lets me do it they cut lovely aswell.
Was your horse sedated with the injection (Intervenus)
Because I might have to get him done if the paste sedative doesn't work.
x