Need your help guys!!!

steffielu

Visit site
Ok, having recently received some inheritance money (the sum of £8000!) I am looking to buy a horse in the region of £6-7k. Must be about 16.2hh and suitable for dressage/bit of jumping/hacking that kind of thing. Have been looking on H&H and various others and have found a few I liked... But I thought what better way to get great advice than to ask the forum members for thier opinions on them before I take the plunge and ring up!
So here goes...
First one I lke the look of:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/details.php?id=41696

and another

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/details.php?id=43262

and the last,

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/details.php?id=42710

Please let me know what you think!! Thankyou!

Bossanova

Visit site
I dont really like the 1st- if you want a horse mainly for dressage then he doesnt look the right sort- may6 be worth a phone call to see if they have any better pics though.
2nd looks quite nice- reading between the lines it may be a bit spooky, if you phone then ask plenty of questions about why it isnt a novice ride etc etc
3rd- not my cup of tea at all

icemaiden113

Visit site
Hmmm, 1st one looks like a good jump but prob a bit of waste if your not goin gto use it, 2nd looks very nice would def ring, 3rd not a great pic but i know the stallion and ride a few horses by him! (work where the stallion used to stand!) So if it's his breeding your after pm as the breeder ahs a few for sale! All have turned out to be fantastic horses. Some event, most dressage and a few sj'ers including 1 grade A that i know of!

Blizzard

Visit site
I like number two the best, Ive seen nicer horses around for that price than one and three.

Good Luck!
grin.gif

X

xspiralx

Out of interest, how experienced are you? Are you looking to affiliate?

A lot of the horses you seem to be looking at are bred and trained to be serious competition horses, and might be a bit highly strung for "dressage, a bit of jumping and hacking."

No offence meant, just the way you phrased it implies you might really just want a nice allrounder who's quite easy going, and in that case you could find something really nice for a lot less money.

Tufty

Visit site
dont like any of them for that money ! There are some real bargains around look on horsequest, 1st one dont like that fact its jumped on a ticket , has dealer written all over it. 2nd one going on about its breeding too much and not novice ride rings bells especially from what you are saying about just wanting a nice allrounder, 3rd one again is to expensive for what it has done or doing.

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
I agree with spiral - if you want a nice RC allrounder I am sure you would do well at the 4-5k mark - a 6-7k horse could just as easily go wrong as a 4-5k. We are looking for a young horse 2-3k and there is very little around, I have seen loads of nice horses at 4-5k.

icemaiden113

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with spiral - if you want a nice RC allrounder I am sure you would do well at the 4-5k mark - a 6-7k horse could just as easily go wrong as a 4-5k. We are looking for a young horse 2-3k and there is very little around, I have seen loads of nice horses at 4-5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Know where there is a nice oyung horse in your price bracket! But it's in devon!

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I Know where there is a nice oyung horse in your price bracket! But it's in devon!

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oh - that the problem with living in Norfolk - we are a long way from every where.

steffielu

Visit site
yea looking to affiliate myself, but want something that my not so experienced sister can have the occasional lesson and hack on
grin.gif

Ill ring about the second then, yes the third does have a bit of a scrawny neck and looks like its been ridden in draw reins all its life! Thanku!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I wouldnt ring about the second...needs calm and confident rider often translates to

heats up easily and gets nervous...rider needs to inteill confidence in the horse to get the best out of him...

I really dont like any of them! If I had to choose one, it would be the last one on Forget me nots' post. I am going to have a quick look....