Needing feeding advice

blazeandlex

New User
Visit site
Needing some advice for my TB.
My mare is eating around her chaff - she is currently on Alfa A Oil and has been for about 5 months but these pt few weeks she has stopped eating her feeds. I have tried splitting up her meals into smaller feeds but she’s still not interested.
She’s a bit fussy so needs something tasty but has to be low in sugar so no apple chaff or anything similar and needs to be good for keeping weight on

paddi22

Visit site
equerry conditioning mash is great stuff and even fussy eaters seem to like it. Any skinny tbs i have get it, or if they are in work they used to do well on baileys ease and excel as well.

blazeandlex

New User
Visit site
equerry conditioning mash is great stuff and even fussy eaters seem to like it. Any skinny tbs i have get it, or if they are in work they used to do well on baileys ease and excel as well.

Don’t particularly want to change her whole feed - she’s on Topspec cool balancer and speedibeet- as my other TB is on the same stuff and they both are really healthy and work well on it (apart from the chaff) and don’t want to be buying 6 different packets of feed a month! :/

TGM

Visit site
Does she actually need a chaff? Could you just increase her Speedibeet and add some micronised linseed for extra calories? You could swap from Alfa A to a grass chaff but most grass chaffs do contain a fair amount of natural sugar.

blazeandlex

New User
Visit site
Does she actually need a chaff? Could you just increase her Speedibeet and add some micronised linseed for extra calories? You could swap from Alfa A to a grass chaff but most grass chaffs do contain a fair amount of natural sugar.

Ahh that might work! She does like her wet food. She adored being on soaked Topspec fibre plus but it stopped soaking in the freezing weather

Reactions: TGM