Neighing horses, surprise from neighbour!

Highlands

Visit site
Daisy my traddie cob and Freddie my highland and pearl my mums came down last week to keep a paddock down. I have a small holding pen basically for the farrier etc.

pearl decided to scream for daisy , Daisy answering back being a pain in the backside. After 40 mins thought enough was enough and the neighbours would be whinging.

Really humbled as the husband of one of our neighbours is dying of cancer with days to live. They have both asked if they can hear the horses again. It got him away from the medical/ sterile environment and he realised that there was still a world out there.

Please can Daisy graze the paddock was the request we love her and the chap smiled for the first time in months. Times when life is so special and we should never take it for granted.

Mrs B

Visit site
That's so sad and so lovely. Could you take over some pictures and a bit about the horses he's hearing so his wife can tell him about them? I'm sure thinking about Pearl, Daisy and Freddie would be a welcome respite from thinking about his predicament ... and maybe you could also tell him (via her) about this thread and that there are those out there in the world of muck and mud who are thinking of him and his family and sending many good wishes ...

Clannad48

Visit site
So beautiful - perhaps you could direct them to the Hovis diaries - a little humour can go a long way. Thoughts and prayers with your neighbours.

Tobiano

Visit site
oh how poignant. And how wonderful that you were able to bring a smile to this man's face through your horses. God bless him.

Highlands

Visit site
Met his wife today and said about Daisy and this thread. She smiled, let me finished and then said, it was one of his last comments, I really loved those horses. Her husband died early this morning with her and her son with him. Fought for so long and now at peace.

Mrs B

Visit site
Met his wife today and said about Daisy and this thread. She smiled, let me finished and then said, it was one of his last comments, I really loved those horses. Her husband died early this morning with her and her son with him. Fought for so long and now at peace.

Oh how very sad! And how sweet of her too - you moved your horses at just the right time, Highlands.

Best wishes and thoughts to his wife and son and may he rest in peace. x

Renvers

Visit site

how lovely, bittersweet , but lovely. quite choked up now

cambrica

Visit site
Oh so sad. Puts things into perspective, all the material things we strive for in life and yet when it really matters beauty is found in the simplest of things.